Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-26-2022, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man i wish some sicko pre me too game developer put a quest in there about a hobbit who was accused of sexual assault but he was insistent that an enchanter made him do it thats comedy gold goblinmob.
Hahaha! that sounds like something weird you'd find in TES Oblivion or something
Old 10-27-2022, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man i wish some sicko pre me too game developer put a quest in there about a hobbit who was accused of sexual assault but he was insistent that an enchanter made him do it thats comedy gold goblinmob.
I remember when I first got charm I charmed the bikini-wearing bandit in NK and brought her over to a high level druid friend I had made and said “have you met my new gf? Sometimes we fight, but deep down she really loves me”…and right after I said it charm broke and she aggro’d and I was like “baby, no!” lol
Old 10-27-2022, 12:09 AM
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 215689A5-FDE5-430C-83AC-9A3C3192ACFD.jpg (20.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-27-2022, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

At least we got

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tunare Ugly night

Old 10-27-2022, 03:52 AM
Banned

Enchanters: “You gon’ learn today”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41D287BC-243D-4122-8B9D-DF71D7797EFE.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-29-2022, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like "show us where the enchanters made you touch them"
(i am laughing waay to hard at my own stupid joke right now)

LMAO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-01-2022, 10:33 AM
Orc

Don't hate the player hate the game!
Old 11-01-2022, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when I first got charm I charmed the bikini-wearing bandit in NK and brought her over to a high level druid friend I had made and said “have you met my new gf? Sometimes we fight, but deep down she really loves me”…and right after I said it charm broke and she aggro’d and I was like “baby, no!” lol

and then everybody clapped

(lol)
Old 11-01-2022, 07:08 PM
Fire Giant

Whatever you do don't play an Enchanter. If you thought it was bad as an observer if you actually play one you'll see just how broken and not classic they are here. After enjoying P99 for years I played an Enchanter and what I found ruined the game for me and I didn't even make it to 60.

Mez is supposed to only mem wipe on initial cast resulting in stacking aggro afterwards. On P99 every mez even on an already mezzed mob wipes their memory. This is why Enchanters never get aggro and it is provably a not classic bug which has been reported and is in the black hole. Mezzing a mezzed mob is supposed to be full aggro from the second mez.

Channeling is astonishingly broken on P99 making the entire game easy in all ways and at all times but this benefits Enchanters the most. They are the lowest HP class in the game dealing with charm broken hasted pets should often result in death but they channel no problem through all of it.

There are the two big ones but there are several other beneficial bugs with Enchanter languishing on the bug forum. It's pretty clear there is favoritism for this class. Bards got AE kiting nerfed, Necros don't get unresistable lifetap, pet classes don't get fine steel delay in classic, etc. Many things are nerfed here that were completely classic but the not classic state of Enchanter has been ignored forever even as it impacts the rate of items entering the economy due to solo Enchanters, the rate of leveling due to grouped Enchanter backstab pets, and raiding with perma charmed trivial trade mobs where Enchanters charm through being quadded having no problem channeling and mezzing 500 times without getting perma aggroed.

Fuck I could go back to when P99 launched and Enchanters just used whirl while groups beat up mobs it was like an 8 second stun or something until enough evidence was gathered to prove that wasn't how classic worked. Enchanter has ALWAYS been central to cheesy non classic P99 emulator mechanics and people have ALWAYS defended it because of how it trivializes everything. No one wants to play P99 without a buggy overpowered Enchanter to carry them from cradle to raid pixels.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever you do don't play an Enchanter. If you thought it was bad as an observer if you actually play one you'll see just how broken and not classic they are here. After enjoying P99 for years I played an Enchanter and what I found ruined the game for me and I didn't even make it to 60.

Mez is supposed to only mem wipe on initial cast resulting in stacking aggro afterwards. On P99 every mez even on an already mezzed mob wipes their memory. This is why Enchanters never get aggro and it is provably a not classic bug which has been reported and is in the black hole. Mezzing a mezzed mob is supposed to be full aggro from the second mez.

Channeling is astonishingly broken on P99 making the entire game easy in all ways and at all times but this benefits Enchanters the most. They are the lowest HP class in the game dealing with charm broken hasted pets should often result in death but they channel no problem through all of it.

There are the two big ones but there are several other beneficial bugs with Enchanter languishing on the bug forum. It's pretty clear there is favoritism for this class. Bards got AE kiting nerfed, Necros don't get unresistable lifetap, pet classes don't get fine steel delay in classic, etc. Many things are nerfed here that were completely classic but the not classic state of Enchanter has been ignored forever even as it impacts the rate of items entering the economy due to solo Enchanters, the rate of leveling due to grouped Enchanter backstab pets, and raiding with perma charmed trivial trade mobs where Enchanters charm through being quadded having no problem channeling and mezzing 500 times without getting perma aggroed.

Fuck I could go back to when P99 launched and Enchanters just used whirl while groups beat up mobs it was like an 8 second stun or something until enough evidence was gathered to prove that wasn't how classic worked. Enchanter has ALWAYS been central to cheesy non classic P99 emulator mechanics and people have ALWAYS defended it because of how it trivializes everything. No one wants to play P99 without a buggy overpowered Enchanter to carry them from cradle to raid pixels.
Truer words never where spoken. (I spoke them allowed reading this post for you)

Brad bless.