Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

necro
Old 11-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Welcome! I am very much in the same boat as far as loving to explore and time I have to commit. My difference is I played the original EQ a LOT, back in the day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's been so long though...I can't even find the bank in Freeport...lol. Rapunzara is currently a level 3 warrioress and if I can figure out how to traverse the lands like the old days, maybe we can group! *gasp* heh...enjoy!!
Old 12-20-2017, 12:08 AM
Large Rat

Thanks to everyone for their responses! I apologize for taking this long to reply to all of you! Unfortunately, a busy Nov/Dec work schedule (and a very unscheduled bout of pneumonia in the last couple of weeks) have pretty much killed all of my exploration time. I'm going to try to sneak back into Norrath maybe Christmas Eve/Day, but I probably won't have much time until the new year rolls around at this point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Nagoya @Megasiel
I recall an old friend playing a Druid and swearing by it in terms of travel. While I do appreciate a lot of what the Druid offers, I've always had a soft spot for wizard-types (and Necros and Bards - and that's not just in EQ). However, that said, I'm most likely going to end up having to play different characters to see everything anyway with EQs Faction thing anyway, so I'm sure my Halfling Druid (yes, that's what I rolled up) will need to be used eventually. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Vinylblair
I'll keep a lookout for you whenever I log in! I'm sure at this point you're beyond my levels, of course, since I haven't been able to do anything videogame-related in weeks, but I'll hopefully catch up and maybe we can see the world!

@Triiz
Honestly, I've always loved the concept of the Bard since I tend to prefer support roles (although being extremely self-sufficient is a huge deal to me since I rarely play with people I don't know unless I have to), and the EQ Bard plays this role well. I look forward to leveling her up enough to where I can get places quickly and NOT die horribly.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:13 AM
Large Rat

@Rapunzara
Hey, don't feel bad. I know absolutely nothing about anywhere else in Norrath. Greater Faydark and Neriak are pretty much it, and I've never even gone farther out than the low-level area of Nektulos! If I ever end up over the sea with ANY character, I'll look you up! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread