Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

I once went to sea and caught a bunch of fish on a small fishing boat. It was a tourism business a small time fisherman had set up; a little bit of 'free' labour that actually paid him to do the work!

He even let us take a couple of fish for ourselves.

I took mine back to the holiday cottage where he was cremated on the BBQ outside.

Unfortunately, at that point in my life I didn't actually eat fish. The rest of my family were happy to be fed though.

I actually really regret not trying this fish though. A few years later I went on a group holiday to Portugal. The landlord of our apartment was friends with a local fisherman, and owned much of the properties along the sea front (including café). He took a bunch of sardines straight from the sea and threw them onto his grill.

Like previously, I didn't really eat fish, but I didn't want to poopoo his generosity. So I did try one sardine, and goddam if it wasn't the tastiest thing! Unfortunately I later developed a migraine and was unable to attend the Portuguese biker rock festival.

So not quite funerals for animals, as no last rites were read, but yeah.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This naked pea protein is actually not that expensive if you do the math. 55 bucks for a 5lb bag (76 servings) with 27g of protein a serving. That's pretty good.
Where do you get it and is the chocolate flavor, which says "lesser" naked protein, the same thing?

Also any stevia or other awful tasting sweeteners? I'm very picky about protein powder since most taste like ass
Old 11-12-2017, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where do you get it and is the chocolate flavor, which says "lesser" naked protein, the same thing?

Also any stevia or other awful tasting sweeteners? I'm very picky about protein powder since most taste like ass
https://nkdnutrition.com/products/pe...0Pea%20Protein

I have no idea on the taste. I'm just finding out about this because of you. The taste usually doesn't bother me though. And I mix everything in milk, unless I want a little protein before my workout, then I'll mix it with water. It's all business for me. I don't usually drink protein shakes for fun.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once went to sea and caught a bunch of fish on a small fishing boat. It was a tourism business a small time fisherman had set up; a little bit of 'free' labour that actually paid him to do the work!

He even let us take a couple of fish for ourselves.

I took mine back to the holiday cottage where he was cremated on the BBQ outside.

Unfortunately, at that point in my life I didn't actually eat fish. The rest of my family were happy to be fed though.

I actually really regret not trying this fish though. A few years later I went on a group holiday to Portugal. The landlord of our apartment was friends with a local fisherman, and owned much of the properties along the sea front (including café). He took a bunch of sardines straight from the sea and threw them onto his grill.

Like previously, I didn't really eat fish, but I didn't want to poopoo his generosity. So I did try one sardine, and goddam if it wasn't the tastiest thing! Unfortunately I later developed a migraine and was unable to attend the Portuguese biker rock festival.

So not quite funerals for animals, as no last rites were read, but yeah.
fish gives me headaches too sometimes
Old 11-12-2017, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've heard American stevia is mostly filler and that's what gives it the shit taste , if you can get the leaves it's much better (so I've heard. )
Old 11-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

just thought I'd share. I'm actually eating less meat. i was being obstinate :c
Old 11-16-2017, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Am I official now?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread