Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Default Exceptionally annoying issue regarding fullscreen mode

Recently (after the Fall Windows update), I've been having problems going fullscreen while in-game -- either with alt+enter or by simply clicking "fullscreen mode" in the options window. I've had zero issues prior to this update.

Basically, I'm having a weird issue where my screen "stretches" vertically whenever I enter fullscreen, which causes my cursor to lose calibration and lowers the game resolution (and cuts off the ends of my screen, to boot; for example, the input boxes in my chat windows are cut off, since I have my chat windows almost flush with my screen borders).

I have my fullscreen resolution set to 1920x1080, which is my monitor's native resolution. Strangely enough, going into "video modes" and clicking "accept" fixes the aforementioned cursor / border / resolution issues. I never have to select my resolution or anything. I just click "accept" and that's it. The trouble is, I have to do this every single time I tab out!

The alternative is to constantly play in windowed mode, but that presents its own issues, like annoying stuttering and my Windows toolbar, which obscures part of the screen and makes it impossible to read part of my chat windows.

Does anyone know what might be causing these sudden, annoying issues with going fullscreen?
Old 11-05-2017, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Silly questions that may or may not help.. Do you have multiple monitors. Is your monitor unique or special in any way? Is your gpu amd or nvidia?

stupid question next. Have you tried running your display at a lower resolution and setting your fullscreen + windowed resolution to that smaller resolution? Just to test if the stretching still happens?

---
you mention having your chat window flush with your screen "borders". Are you referring to your monitors bezel?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...84&postcount=4
Old 11-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silly questions that may or may not help.. Do you have multiple monitors. Is your monitor unique or special in any way? Is your gpu amd or nvidia?

stupid question next. Have you tried running your display at a lower resolution and setting your fullscreen + windowed resolution to that smaller resolution? Just to test if the stretching still happens?

---
you mention having your chat window flush with your screen "borders". Are you referring to your monitors bezel?
I'm using a GTX 1060 6GB. I use a single monitor. I haven't tried running my display at a lower resolution and setting my video mode to the correspondingly lower resolution. I am, indeed, referring to my monitor's bezels. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Try downloading Windowed Borderless Gaming. It's free, and it makes the game look fullscreen, without a title bar or Windows toolbar or anything, but it's actually in Windowed mode so you can tab out in 1 sec with no problem. It also allows you to run Gamparse overlays or whatever that require Windowed mode.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

once in full screen, you can change your resolution to something else, then back to where you want it, will fix this problem temporarily
Old 11-23-2017, 05:49 AM
Kobold

I'm experiencing the exact same issue now after doing the fall windows update tonight. It's extremely irritating.

Also, the character select screen (and just the character select screen) switches to a random small video mode then goes to my normal size (1920x1080) when I enter game.