Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Pathing

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eld'n'Ell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are people generally thinking.... this pathing issue will not get fixed?

Me and my partner just dealt with this crazy stuff in unrest. For 15 levels.
Now we just dipped our toes into LowerGuk last night.
Seems likes it a major issue effecting too many places.
I have faith in Nilbog. This *will* be fixed I have no doubt. The soonest will be next patch though. So you are prob looking at a month at least.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lGuk is practically unplayable at this point for players of suitable level. The only way to guarantee mobs will make it back to camp is to face pull them, but thats not viable in a zone full of mobs that root and nuke you. If you don't face pull them they disappear into the wall and return a bit later with a couple of friends if you're lucky... if you're unlucky they come with half the zone.
Dealt with the same problem in lguk. Eventually just said the hell with it and went to solb.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really frustrating, I had Arch Mage run off through a wall this morning when I broke my charm. Never found the corpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
next time /target /loot gg

screw you wall.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Project Manager

Haynar has a fix ready for the next patch.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:27 AM
Orc

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar has a fix ready for the next patch.
Very cool. Ty.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

even my pets go through walls and aggro more mobs too..

instead of using normal pathing.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there are still some pathing issues - at least in Everfrost/permafrost as of last night: The back frost giant in everfrost right before the perma zone will no longer let you pass by hugging the opposite wall, he attacks everytime. Inside perma, the ice goblin at entry will wander when he hits about 20% health, but now immediately goes through the wall, comes back with about 25+ high level mobs. Also, if you are at that area and go to the halas zone to escape the giant (I gated) he appears through the wall at the halas zoneline.

Paladin of Marr
Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

I ran into some pathing/aggro issues in Permafrost last night.

First, the aggro issues. There are a few mobs I've found that even though I appear to have clear, unobstructed line of sight, I cannot cast on them until I am essentially in belly cast range, nor will they aggro until I am standing extremely close to them (again think belly cast range). One such mob is a single goblin immediately to one's left as one climbs the very first ladder from the entrance (it sits in a little alcove). Another is an elite goblin guard that sits right around loc 600, -325. There is a third a little southwest of that loc, around loc 525, -200 or thereabouts.

Then some pathing issues I ran into. These were the various goblins on and around the boulders/ice formations as one first enters the King's Room, roughly between y-coordinates 500 and 600 and x-coordinates -200 and -400. If I aggroed a goblin on a different elevation than me, it would run around for a few seconds then run towards me while still on a different elevation, hit a wall, and then vanish for a short period of time (10-20 seconds) before returning with anywhere between 0 to 10 of its closest friends. I don't think I had any pathing issues with mobs on the same elevations as me, and not every mob I pulled from a different elevation had pathing issues. But enough of the different elevation pulls had issues that it seemed like something I should report.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Was killing nox spider in hallway before lava shortcut, it fled and walked nw through wall to pop out at efreeti (watched it through wall with eye vision. ) didn't fall through world at least, and group at efreeti slayed it
Old 05-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Orc

if it could be priority fix number one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's really messy in some place tbh :s
Closed Thread