Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Default Chanter solo videos

Just a shameless plug for my videos, for any who have interest in this sort of thing and don't know about them yet:

The link in my sig is my youtube channel, full of videos of my playing my chanter, Noman, on blue. It's probably 90% solo stuff with some occasional duo/trio/group thrown in. The videos start with me around level 30 and follow the areas I spent time in all the way up to 60, with some farming of loot at 59-60 as well. I try to keep my monologues interesting and informative, and I'm usually pretty good about responding to any PMs or posts or youtube comments (or ingame tells, though those have a tendency to get me killed!) with questions about soloing, chanters, dungeons, etc.

Check them out if you have a mind to, shoot me questions, make a request (that I likely won't honor - don't tell me my business, devil woman), whatever.

Most recent video is of some success in plane of mischief on my first day ever setting foot in the zone! Up soonish are a sirens grotto video, exploring the rest of seb since my 1 seb video is short and awful, and probably poking around in the other 50+ dungeons I haven't done any videos for (chardok, velks, hole, DN... maybe even solb and lguk) eventually as well.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Honestly, I enjoy these a lot. Thanks for doing them and motivating me to level my enchanter!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

agreed, good stuff, just get aggro'd when you ignore your kid.. come on man its just a video game!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priceline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed, good stuff, just get aggro'd when you ignore your kid.. come on man its just a video game!
What, so they grow up to be entitled brats who think the world revolves around them? My kids can wait for a few minutes when I've got some leisure time set aside; they'll continue to turn out more than fine. They get to spend most of every day with me and/or their Mom, especially in the summer time. They can stand to learn a bit about being patient, about other people have interests and motivations as well, etc.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barm McLir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, I enjoy these a lot. Thanks for doing them and motivating me to level my enchanter!
No problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm regularly surprised by how many tells I get ingame from someone who either leveled a chanter because they saw my videos. More surprising are the few people who have telled me to say they got into P99 because of them, lol. I suppose they pop up for people on youtube sometimes who have interests in other games or in EQ live maybe?
Old 07-11-2017, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

so happy you're back! was watching these for a while until the long, understandable break after bear pits.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Enjoyable videos when I have downtime at work. Thanks for taking the time.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

You wouldn't have died if you memmed your spells using your hot keys :P
Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wouldn't have died if you memmed your spells using your hot keys :P
It doesn't work now that I have my spells cast via /cast macros anyways! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2017, 03:57 PM
Banned

Great videos...realizing now I'm horrible at enchanter.
Closed Thread