Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry some of you guys have had such poor experiences with other humans. I find that many people are willing to listen and learn. I mean, I spent thirty years as an omnivore and then I changed, so I give most people the benefit of the doubt.

And honestly, huge change is already occurring all the time regarding animal rights. The dairy industry is flat out dying. Meat consumption is waning and plant-based replacements are growing in authenticity and therefore popularity among meat-eaters. Lab-grown meat is right around the corner, too, which while still causing cancers and heart disease and diabetes will at least require less suffering on the part of animals and the environment. The fashion industry is moving away from fur. SeaWorld is breathing its last gasps. Veganism is predicted by several business journals to be the mega-trend of 2018. So, change is happening, but like any social movement this is a long, hard road.

But the best people I know are animal rights activists. People who are just fucking on fire, possessed by their need to get involved. I trust that one day soon they'll end these cruel and destructive practices completely.
😍😍😍😍
Old 10-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I like chicken. It's a good staple food for low calorie eating, and I'm not adult enough to eat a bunch of vegetables. I've pretty much stopped eating red meat though and don't particularly miss it.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like chicken. It's a good staple food for low calorie eating,
I guess it's a good staple if your dietary goals include having your chest cracked open or engaging in a conversation with your doctor about the growth he's found on your colon. One reason I elect to avoid products derived from animals is because I greatly enjoy my life, love my family, my work, my home etc and I want to live as long as possible. Basically the same reason I no longer smoke cigarettes or meth, but with the added benefit that I'm not causing suffering in sentient beings by supporting a barbaric industry with my petty consumer choices. All that said, I don't want to force my perspective on anyone, and I understand as well as respect and appreciate your decision to die prematurely for whatever reasons you deem appropriate. <3
Old 10-28-2017, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sensing a slight bias in your opinion on the subject. Have you considered chickens are delicious?

Again, I'm greatly enjoying your prose. You raise a wonderful, emotionally charged argument. "Well if you don't mind dying early or love your family..." Fantastic subtext. It strikes a me little dirty though and I do try to not get life advice from former meth heads so I can't count you as a reliable source of information.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-28-2017 at 04:07 PM..
Old 10-28-2017, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I wonder, what sort of demonstration do you believe would be helpful in getting you to abandon the comfort of your cognitive dissonance to start making better choices based on facts and logic, rather than defaulting to the social programming with which you've been raised?
Right, we should default to -your- social programming. Uh-huh.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 10-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, we should default to -your- social programming. Uh-huh.
Well, only if you care about your personal health, the health of the planet, and the well-being of all sentient creatures. Then yeah, you should absolutely accept my programming.

Seriously man, examine carefully the sentence you quoted. It's almost as if your precious dissonance is so profound it has actually impacted your ability to read. Are you arguing against making decisions informed by facts and logic? Do you have fact-based reasons why one should eat animal parts and secretions? Are you aware of the health effects of meat consumption? The environmental catastrophe that is animal farming? Have you bothered to educate yourself? Do you believe there is an ethical way to kill someone who does not wish to die? Have you ever even given any of this any thought, or have you simply accepted the circumstances of your cultural upbringing? Would you eat a dog? Why or why not?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are you arguing against making decisions informed by facts and logic
If you have actually posted any facts and logic in this thread, they are buried under an avalanche of pompous status signaling prose. If you do have real facts, then by all means post them.

Hint: you need an actual randomized controlled study, not a 'we sent out a bunch of questionnaires and ran regression analysis'.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Well, only if you care about your personal health, the health of the planet, and the well-being of all sentient creatures. Then yeah, you should absolutely accept my programming.

Seriously man, examine carefully the sentence you quoted. It's almost as if your precious dissonance is so profound it has actually impacted your ability to read. Are you arguing against making decisions informed by facts and logic? Do you have fact-based reasons why one should eat animal parts and secretions? Are you aware of the health effects of meat consumption? The environmental catastrophe that is animal farming? Have you bothered to educate yourself? Do you believe there is an ethical way to kill someone who does not wish to die? Have you ever even given any of this any thought, or have you simply accepted the circumstances of your cultural upbringing? Would you eat a dog? Why or why not?
I remember when I first saw What the Health on Netflix. I stopped eating meat for like one whole week
Old 10-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm sorry some of you guys have had such poor experiences with other humans. I find that many people are willing to listen and learn. I mean, I spent thirty years as an omnivore and then I changed, so I give most people the benefit of the doubt.

And honestly, huge change is already occurring all the time regarding animal rights. The dairy industry is flat out dying. Meat consumption is waning and plant-based replacements are growing in authenticity and therefore popularity among meat-eaters. Lab-grown meat is right around the corner, too, which while still causing cancers and heart disease and diabetes will at least require less suffering on the part of animals and the environment. The fashion industry is moving away from fur. SeaWorld is breathing its last gasps. Veganism is predicted by several business journals to be the mega-trend of 2018. So, change is happening, but like any social movement this is a long, hard road.

But the best people I know are animal rights activists. People who are just fucking on fire, possessed by their need to get involved. I trust that one day soon they'll end these cruel and destructive practices completely.
I actually agree with a lot of what you say and share your sentiments.

Originally I didn't see how this type of activism could be effective. But you know what? Had they not did it, we wouldn't have a thread discussing it either.

It's true, veganism is definitely becoming popular though. Already many professional athletes are turning to veganism which I found interesting. Mostly professional basketball players so far that I have seen... They all look different than they did a year ago too. Less fat on them, more lean. Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving are two off the top of my head that have gone vegan, and both are elite point guards who clearly consider their minds and bodies as first priorities for their game.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I guess it's a good staple if your dietary goals include having your chest cracked open or engaging in a conversation with your doctor about the growth he's found on your colon. One reason I elect to avoid products derived from animals is because I greatly enjoy my life, love my family, my work, my home etc and I want to live as long as possible. Basically the same reason I no longer smoke cigarettes or meth, but with the added benefit that I'm not causing suffering in sentient beings by supporting a barbaric industry with my petty consumer choices. All that said, I don't want to force my perspective on anyone, and I understand as well as respect and appreciate your decision to die prematurely for whatever reasons you deem appropriate. <3
Veganism, the cure for cancer. One of the saddest cases of cancer I've ever seen was a staunch vegan. This person also opted out of real treatment. You couldn't imagine the end result.

I'm glad you don't smoke cigarettes and meth anymore. You should probably promote that around here.

This is also my new favorite thread.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread