Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Banned

Question: are transgenders gay? or are they straight and just feel better in the opposite sex's clothing?

If it's the latter case I think we can all say that its fair for that white woman to identify as a black woman that libtards have been totally pissed off about for the last 2 years.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi[SIZE="7"
ckmoranis;2609970]Question: are transgenders[/SIZE] gay? or are they straight and just feel better in the opposite sex's clothing?

If it's the latter case I think we can all say that its fair for that white woman to identify as a black woman that libtards have been totally pissed off about for the last 2 years.
What if I am a lesbian trapped in a male body? Am I gay or straight?
Old 11-15-2017, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Question: are transgenders gay? or are they straight and just feel better in the opposite sex's clothing?
Straight, gay, bi. Transgender people have the same range of orientations as anyone else.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first reaction is to agree totally with the above. I mean, there are a handful of exceptions that can pass, but for the most part, trannies are just plain gross to most normal people, and the idea of mutilating your genitals, I can't even imagine why anyone would ever want to even risk that, no matter what is going on in your head.

But upon further thought, if someone is that desperate, I just feel sorry for them, and wish them all the best.
Thanks for that last part. I sincerely appreciate the sentiment. Desperate is a good word for it. It's pretty common to hold off on transition till a person is at the brink of suicide if they don't, mostly thanks to the horrible stigma surrounding the subject.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Straight, gay, bi. Transgender people have the same range of orientations as anyone else.
so black african for a white woman is ok then? because everything but gay or straight is a construct.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

I'm fairly certain race has nothing to do with this conversation! Unless you want to discuss the intersectionality of black transgender women. I don't.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorndogJr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its a mental disorder. So what? So is depression. So is anxiety. Neither one of those would stop me from being friends with, or at least kind to, someone.

If all I need to do in order to give a fellow human being a little dignity is recognize them as the gender they identify as, what kind of asshole am I if I can't find it in my heart to do something so simple? It's like saying "please" or "thank you".
^This. The heart of the matter is having empathy for the other person. Just because you may not agree with, or understand it (we still don't understand it completely).. doesn't mean we aren't just as valid as any other person is.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:30 AM
Banned

Red face

nah its more like:

i'm a natural born American citizen. if you act in bad faith physically or economically i get plenty recourse ^^ so play straight up ok?

point a: if you get on the wrong side of this you experience an economic disadvantage.
point b: it's awesome

Try and accept the facts enthusiastically so's you don't have to get bitter and be amish! The pope will be signing off on it any minute anyway.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtwoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Allow me to step in and clear things up for you. There are two genders. Male and Female. The gender you are is based off of if you were born with a dick or a pussy. If you were born with a dick, you're a male. If you're born with a pussy, you're a female. If you were born with a dick and think you're a female, you have a mental illness. If you were born with a pussy and think you're male, you have a mental illness.

Have a nice day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think his Q is can I get in dat ass

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorndogJr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its a mental disorder. So what? So is depression. So is anxiety. Neither one of those would stop me from being friends with, or at least kind to, someone.

If all I need to do in order to give a fellow human being a little dignity is recognize them as the gender they identify as, what kind of asshole am I if I can't find it in my heart to do something so simple? It's like saying "please" or "thank you".
yeah, but you're not most people and that is the problem. No matter how wonderful it may feel to be accepted by one, it still hurts to be rejected by everyone else and the most damning part is that those grains of acceptance validate your feelings and foster hope where often there is none.

As Ceci said, many people do not transition until they have no other choice because it's not as simple as waltzing up to genie and saying, "make me a girl!" The cost is high and it only increases as you age. And it is not just monetary, the stigma means relationships are also a price and then even when there is no stigma, there is still a sense of loss you create for those closest to you.

Is it wrong for them to feel they've lost the person you were? or the person they thought you were? Is it wrong of you to not have made them better understand? is it wrong of them to be unable to reason their way out of millennia of ingrained programming that says 'a' and 'b' are fundamentally different and mutually exclusive things?

Bottom line is most people, including transgendered, are utterly incapable of rationalizing the condition and people can't be blamed for failing to understand or accept anymore than transgender people can be blamed for being transgender. It's a shitty situation.

It would be a wonderful world if everyone could accept everyone else, each pandering to every others sincerest desires and most basic needs, but that is not how people are. They are generally averse to things that are different. yeah, yeah, there are plenty of people who liek different, i do too, but that is different too.

Ultimately, possibility can make things infinitely more difficult, most especially when it is false. And it is false for many.

Therein lies my issue with pronouns and pandering to delusion. Maybe things change entirely once you finalize your transition with SRS, but I am disinclined to believe it is so. There will always be reminders of what you are, the path you've taken and the prices you've paid.

Does that mean I'll be able to forever keep my feet from the path or be any better for it? No, it just means that I've embraced a familiar misery over an unfamiliar one.

Maybe in the next century gene therapy and 3D printing will lead to better, more complete outcomes, but I honestly don't know that there is an ideal solution outside of being born differently.