Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 01:47 PM
Orc

Default Cant full screen

can someone direct me to a fix for full screen im sure you guys know what im talking about, if you full screen from the in game options you will occasionally be kicked back to windowed mode as if you clicked on your desktop. thanks in advance.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Could edit UI file to force resolution change
Old 11-19-2017, 06:05 AM
Sarnak

I've had this, it is a pain in the ass. It's because original eq screen was 4:3 and what your likely seeing is when clicking on buttons off or out side of that ratio, is kicking the game back into windowed mode.

Since then I've always just played in windowed mode.

Also, this client suffers from the Black or Frozen screen. When a UAC prompt comes up on screen or if you alt tab into another application/game that uses exclusive fullscreen modes, EQ window looks frozen or black. Just change into windowed mode from full screen and then back again, or visa versa.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:24 PM
Orc

Are you running a 2 monitor system? If you accidentally click on the 2nd screen, or hit the Windows key by mistake, it'll kick you into windowed mode. Alt-Enter is harder to press on accident, but has the same effect.

You'll have a much easier time with full screen mode if your native resolution and EQ game client resolution are the same. I don't do that personally, so I'm careful not to accidentally click on the 2nd screen. There's no way I know of to make the client completely behave in a 2 monitor system.

What's worse, once the client goes into windowed mode, it can be glitchy getting it back into full screen mode. What I do to solve this is to put it back in full screen mode (if it hasn't crashed), then use /sit and /camp to exit the game completely, using the ESC key to close the client all the way.

Sometimes my EQ client still glitches, so I'll go all the way to the character select in full screen and use the ESC key to exit all the way, and then relaunch the client, and that always solves it. It's rare that I have to do this, though.

What usually happens is that I click the 2nd screen by mistake, Alt-Enter to put it back into full screen, and then use the keyboard commands to exit, and then it's fine when I re-launch the client.

If I click the 2nd screen and the client crashes, most of the time I can get it to keep full screen mode by hitting Alt-Enter when it first launches.

Everyone I play with uses windowed mode, but I'm stubborn. I usually have my tablet open if I want to lookup something like a map or quest, so I'd rather run the client in full screen.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My work around has been to Alt-O to bring up the options when i first start playing and choose full screen and then set the resolution manually to something else and then to what I want 1920x1080p. It works without the clicking to desktop problem but once you tab out and back the problem returns.

So I simply go back to the options and set refresh rate to 59 and then back to 60 and toggle full screen back again. It then continues to work until I tab out again.

I'd love to know a way to force this to stay.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Orc

Default full screen issues

Thanks for the info, its been helpful and ill post anything i find that helps fix this problem more fully
Old 11-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

I post this so much they should be paying me for promotion, but check out Windowed Borderless Gaming

It forces full screen but still lets you tab out, and when you tab back in it automatically forces full screen again.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:12 AM
Fire Giant

i have same problem if i full screen an touch anywhere near the bottom of the window (near taskbar)

it will go back to window mode so i just play windowed
Last edited by LostCause; 11-22-2017 at 06:15 AM..
Closed Thread