Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Large Bat

Default Cannot create Filleting Knife

There are molds, ingredients, recipies to advance tailoring requiring fish oil but to do so you must have a filleting knife to get the eggs. This was a part of Kunark. Please fix.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Project Manager

This is a generic message requesting more information. Please post research/links regarding this bug report and it will be further investigated and fixed if necessary.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Orc

Fileting knife requires 3 unstacked metal bits, 1 water flask and one scaler mold. Putting these items in a forge and clicking on combine results in 'you cannot combine these items in this container type'.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Orc

2 metal bits / scaler mold / water = daily spoon, same message
Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 metal bits / scaler mold / water = daily spoon, same message
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ht=dairy+spoon
Old 11-14-2012, 04:32 AM
Kobold

Default Still doesn't work

Is there an update to this? I'm trying to start baking, since after all the pelts for tailoring I have stacks and stacks of various meats. I guess this is another "Filleting Knife" type question, but I cannot find a valid source to what works here, and the filleted lion recipe is an example; it was part of kunark, a search shows a bunch of threads on it (yes, I know dairy spoon was luclin) yet there never seems to be a resolution on these threads. Using the wayback machine doesn't really work, ( no search function, etc) restricting recipes on eqtraders.com to "classic" doesn't work, there's my filleted lion recipe asking for a filleting knife that I cannot make, again... and so on, and so forth. The wiki doesn't work, it just references the skillup guides that started me down this failed path, and while is has lots of useful information, it is woefully incomplete...

So....

With no guides on wiki that are relavent/complete, no eqtraders, even restricting to "classic" and whatnot, what is the reference for tradeskilling for p99? Hell, there's not even a forum section for tradeskilling on www.project1999.com period. That makes no sense by itself, frankly. I'm sorry, but this has me losing patience, I have been clicking for 2 hours to slowly come to the realization that I have wasted my time, and I *love* tradeskillin (I dont' even mind all the clicking that other threads seem to complain about)

Is tradeskilling being worked on? And again, is there a *correct* reference we can use? I can't even find a baking recipe list that doesn't having me blow plat for recipes that don't work.... when *users* are filtering through decade old patch notes in a desperate attempt to figure out what the hell is going on, you're looking at a serious red flag. So what gives? You guys have done a great job recreating the old EQ, but not tradeskilling. Velious did a lot for tradeskills, what then? This blundering about, blindly trying to figure what works, may be doable to high levels who aren't hurt by losing hundreds of plat at a time to things that should work, but it's killin me. At the very least open a forum category for tradeskills (with a subcategory per tradeskill) so we can sort it out for ourselves, giving more momentum/reference to make the wiki complete. The only place my search for my failed recipes sent me, was the game mechanics\bugs section. That speaks volumes right there....

Please create a forum category called Tradeskills with one subcategory per tradeskill, we'll fix the wiki ourselves, once we have a forum to sort stuff out, share what does/does not work, etc. Thank you.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Still not working. According to:

First reference I can find is

https://web.archive.org/web/20021229...tml?item=12547

Looks like it might be Luclin era?

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

A 5 second search of forums yielded this: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9444

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 10-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Aviak

Default Filleting knife

Hi,

These are all old posts about not being able to forge a filleting knife.

I too cant make a filleting knife and am not sure if it is a bug or if the recipe was added after Velious. I haven't seen the post if that is indeed the case.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:13 AM
Aviak

I agree, I believe the filleting knife and dairy spoon were added either with or during the Luclin era. The earliest reference I have seen is the earliest comment on the knife itself on Zam in June, 2002. All other early smithing trivial lists I have seen do not include the knife or spoon before that timeframe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still not working. According to:

First reference I can find is

https://web.archive.org/web/20021229...tml?item=12547

Looks like it might be Luclin era?

Regards,
Mg
Closed Thread