Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Thepen is correct I believe. From what I can tell 3 spawn locations are linked. One is over by the inn, one is near the ruins, and one is on the hill and paths towards the ruins.

I've seen different kinds of mobs spawn at the the inn, lizard scout and bears. Ive seen them spawn instantly several times in a row before not spawning at all (this is when I think a different location pops). I've only seen a decaying skeleton spawn on the hill and path towards ruins, and I've only seen a bear spawn near the ruins.

It seems the spawn is instant but its random which location it will be. I've made him spawn 3 times very quickly once I located these spots. I was killing most the critters in that area though so they may also be involved somehow.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Orc

Default Absurdly Easy to Spawn!

First of all, Thepen and Bokke are 99% correct. Quid is absurdly easy to spawn - once you figure out where the span points are.

If you don't want to read the details, just run from the ruins, over the catapult, through the orc camp, and just over the hill and kill EVERYTHING, and he'll spawn eventually. Don't concern yourself with the rest of the "between the Paladin and Gypsies camp" stuff. I guess he could path there eventually, and if you want to be safe when you first get there, just kill everything and make you way over to the catapult.

That being said, here are the nitty-gritty details:

Spawn Point 0: Stand on Glaron the Wicked's spawn point at the catapult. Turn west by north west and you'll see a large tree and a small tree right next to each other on the hill - the large one is on a dark spot and the small one is in the grass. Just to the left of that is where Quid spawns EVERY TIME. He paths south. I couldn't fins it anywhere, but Quid is actually an Erudite Paldin. He either carries a hammer, in which case his loot will be the Man-o-War (LORE) or he won't be armed and his loot will be the hood (NOT LORE). He will have one or the other 100% of the time.

Spawn Point 1: Turn to the north. All along the hillside skeletons spawn at various locations. I'm pretty sure most of these spawn points are normal spawns, but I'm 50% sure at least a few of them are PHs. Kill them just to be safe.

Spawn Point 2: Turn south by south west. There are two large trees and a couple of low hills. All through here are fire beetle spawn points. Some of these are normal spawns, but I'm 100% sure that most of the beetles you'll see in this area are PHs. They seem to path north and west. Kill them all. Also, a bear can spawn around here that I'm 25% sure is a PH. There is also a skeleton that spawn right in the corner or the ruins to the south. He might be a PH too, but I'm less sure on that. Just kill them to be safe.

Spawn Point 3: Run over the hill; all the way over. Bears spawn down here and path south towards the catapult. I'm 100% sure these are PH's. Note that the lizardman scout is NOT a PH; of this I'm 100% sure. (FYI: he spawns just north of the orc camp.) There are also random beetles and skeletons running all over the top of the hill by the orcs camp, I don't think these are PHs, but they died anyway; you can never be too sure.

That's about it. After about three hours of camping the wrong spot, I found this thread. Once I figured out the spawn points, I stayed for about two hours. All told, I ended up with a single Man-o-War - another one rotted - a backpack overflowing with bone chip stacks, three HQ bear skins, two stacks of Chucks of Meat, Envy and Woe, a few Cracked Staves and seventeen (17) Siren Hair Hoods. At 400p to 500p per, I call that a good two hours worth of work!

Enjoy, and good hunting!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quid is incredibly easy to spawn unless he was changed recently. His PH respawns instantly. I was able to spawn Quid 2-3 times in under 60 seconds a few months ago. From what I've gathered he has 3 PH's, all which have different spawn locations, but each type of monster will always spawn in the same spot.

As for Quid, I've killed him 20+ times on R99, always spawns in the same spot.

I tried reporting the bug of him respawning instantly awhile back and the post was deleted.
THIS is correct information. BUT there is now a peculiar new twist. Last night i was there on my ranger and there were 3 cycles running at the same time, I worked the spawns, and got 3 Quids up 4 different times. Was entertaining for me. Feel free to take off the extra Siran hair hoods off my char, my goal was to not get 13 hats last night, but more of a curiosity on what the heck was going on.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by knix; 10-08-2014 at 10:44 PM..
Old 01-07-2015, 11:42 AM
Kobold

Just an update - anyone referring to this guide to get Quid to Spawn ... latest patch has this note :

"Nilbog: Quid Rilstone's spawn mechanics completely redone."

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=173108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Holo has more than enough for velious at this point...in case you do care, continuing to accept anything with a pulse actually is hurting the server now.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

Any idea how to spawn him now?
Old 01-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um this is the fun of EQ.....

pls don't post how to spawn him in the bug forum if someone finds out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This needs to be answered

Mabash <Straight Outta Oggok>
Madeline <Hand of Tonomar>
Old 03-05-2015, 04:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just now spawned him twice in 1 hour using the method of killing mobs between gypsy camp and paladin camp.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cythix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just now spawned him twice in 1 hour using the method of killing mobs between gypsy camp and paladin camp.
ive been at this for about a day and no quid sighting so far

stayin the course.. if anyone has any additional hints would be happy to hear them
Old 05-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Can't confirm 100% yet but I think his PH is the single brown bear that spawns between the catapult and the gypsy camp. I'll keep camping and update.