Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM
Banned

that's funny jimjam i think you are right
Old 02-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Classic name enforcement was a mix of nuking deliberately stupid names chosen by 12 year-olds itching to prove they were stupid, and random bullshit with no rhyme or reason. I remember a troll warrior I knew named Scumbag being forced to change his name because it was "offensive", meanwhile various NPCs are yelling "Scumsucker!" at the players thousands of times per day.

So, we've got the combo of 50 year-olds being hit for proving they're able to be just as stupid as any 12 year-old and some random others being victims of caprice on the part of the staff, it's as classic as classic can be.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic name enforcement was a mix of nuking deliberately stupid names chosen by 12 year-olds itching to prove they were stupid, and random bullshit with no rhyme or reason. I remember a troll warrior I knew named Scumbag being forced to change his name because it was "offensive", meanwhile various NPCs are yelling "Scumsucker!" at the players thousands of times per day.

So, we've got the combo of 50 year-olds being hit for proving they're able to be just as stupid as any 12 year-old and some random others being victims of caprice on the part of the staff, it's as classic as classic can be.
Except some of these names have been running around for 7 years. That's why this is upsetting for many here atm.

Consistency is the lather which keeps all calm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2018, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Well, I am sure Sirmightydingus, upon logging in for retrieval of his corpse in BB, will be pretty happy.

Unless they are still purging, of course.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what was Meads character name that got hit?
Old 02-11-2018, 07:27 PM
Kobold

Awfully quiet today, Baler. Did something sour all this for you?
Old 02-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Smile nope, just being quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambiant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awfully quiet today, Baler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler
Fun fact there was a gnome mage on live back in the day named Baler.
I just found another person who had a ranger named Baler on live back in the day.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to give it to you Baler. You defeated me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. You got my name changed. And my name was really important to me. This is not a good day for me, or week for that matter with my broken leg lol. You got justice for your pal Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Although a troll on the forums, I really did a lot for the community in game. It won't ever be the same for me logging in without my original name. Sad times pals. <3
Hahahhahahahahahaha
Old 02-11-2018, 07:44 PM
Kobold

I wonder how the curator of the Museum of Baler (celebrating the history and culture of the Filipino town of Baler) would feel about all this. Some goof on the internet representing the whole darn town and it's peoples in such a ridiculous way. I bet they'd be offended. It would be a shame if they played p99. What a terrible position they'd be in. Unless of course they didn't have to see it anymore. Dead. To. Rights.

Ps none of my names have been changed
Closed Thread