Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

I get this too doesn't change back until I mess with my graphics card brightness settings or restart my computer.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:23 AM
Orc

This is caused by the titanium client which adjusts the system gamma and doesn't restore it on exit. It does ths simply because it was coded for older hardware.
You can get around the issue by using wineq or if you can find some other way of locking the system gamma settings.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Does anyone know of other software that accomplishes what WinEQ Does? I just don't have any interest in paying a monthly fee to be able to play in fullscreen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

I have had this issue across multiple machines since the beginning of the EQEmu project until now. Opening a single instance of EQ adjusts the gamma of the entire system to be "brighter". Closing EQ by camping usually restores it to normal, but /q'ing or the game crashing on logout causes the gamma to "stick" in its brightest setting with no way to fix it other than: restarting PC, starting EQ again (which causes the gamma to shift back to normal and causes the game to appear "darker") and then forcing EQ to quit via task manager.

It has been a minor annoyance, and I don't even think about it much anymore, but it would be amazing if it were removed somehow.

I should note, I have only had this happen on window machines or windows VMs. I have actually not had this problem occur on linux or mac installs via wine or winEQ, which seems odd given other statements in this thread.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonedrahon25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you exiting out via camping or /q'ing?

Either
Old 10-23-2019, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlankDiploma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were you previously running something like f.lux that would have automatically adjusted the gamma back? Windows won't automatically do that for you.

It could also depend on display drivers or GPU type.

Not running anything that i know of.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokhine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know of other software that accomplishes what WinEQ Does? I just don't have any interest in paying a monthly fee to be able to play in fullscreen. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wineq charges you a fee now?
Old 10-23-2019, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

If you want to use full screenmode yes
Old 10-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Seen this in another thread that might help with getting the gamma stuck on crash.

A) Camp Crash Fix

Do you frequently crash when camping, loading into the character select screen, or even zoning? A fix that worked great for me was setting the compatibility settings on eqgame.exe to Windows XP service pack 3. Been crash free ever since.
Old 10-24-2019, 04:52 AM
Orc

If your gamma stays bright even after the game is closed all you gotta do to fix it is right click on your desktop screen, go to display settings and change your computers display resolution, then you can change it back to the resolution you want and your gamma will be fixed, if you are talking about the gamma being bright while the game is running i cant help you there.
Closed Thread