Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In this particular case, this is incorrect. My mage epic is on Red. It wasn't hard to obtain at all, I haven't played the character in many years and basically don't give a rat's ass about it.

I also don't care very much about mages in general. I do, however, care about the integrity of P99 - and having hordes of epic mages running around is NOT good for the server's integrity.
Mr. retired red epic magician,

I did not say your epic was hard, only that you had one. If you truly care about the integrity of the server, then I would think you would see the point of having something that is rare and MQable being sold to undeserving Mages for massive amounts of platinum that can lead to RMT. Pringles makes the better argument for the health of the server by disabling MQ on epics because at least that would discourage people farming them.

If you really care about the integrity of a server that is meant to be classic, I would hope that you would want the drop rate to match what it was on EQLive.
Last edited by gwideon; 04-25-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Old 04-25-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

I care about the integrity of the server in 2020, which involves making non-classic adjustments in order to preserve the classic feel as much as possible (rooted dragons, nerfed clickies fall into this category).

Also I don't see what's wrong with selling epic MQs for plat. If anything, this allows casual mages who would have zero shots at looting the staff at a raid to (painstakingly) farm the plat and buy it.

You don't like farm crews farming it? Find a few friends and farm it yourself. Don't have friends? Farm plat and buy it. So many options.

If you disable MQ's or remove the farming crews, your only options will be to become a top guild member, play EQ like a full time job, and wait a few years until you are maybe allowed to spend your DKPs on the staff.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I care about the integrity of the server in 2020, which involves making non-classic adjustments in order to preserve the classic feel as much as possible (rooted dragons, nerfed clickies fall into this category).
The classic feel did not include requiring magicians have to buy their epic from farm crews. They actually had a decent chance to obtain it, which is the whole point of this bug report.

Quote:
Also I don't see what's wrong with selling epic MQs for plat. If anything, this allows casual mages who would have zero shots at looting the staff at a raid to (painstakingly) farm the plat and buy it.
You mean those casuals who have a million platinum? /boggle It is more likely that the person buying the staff is the 7th alt of a neck beard player than a casual with many hundreds of thousands of plat. There are still casual guilds that help players get their epics; I am in one. I don’t really have a problem with selling MQ; I do have a problem with unguilded alts violating server rules to deny others the ability to complete the quest on their own.

Quote:
You don't like farm crews farming it? Find a few friends and farm it yourself. Don't have friends? Farm plat and buy it. So many options.
Those farm groups are violating the server rules by camping out in zone. I have fantastic friends who have helped me kill Magi P'Tasa 10 times so far and given me a chance at about 4 others. They have dropped what they were doing and come to my aid selflessly many times. I don’t think any of them would violate the rules and camp out in zone, nor would I ask them to. I am not sure I would want to be part of a guild that does encourage that.

Quote:
If you disable MQ's or remove the farming crews, your only options will be to become a top guild member, play EQ like a full time job, and wait a few years until you are maybe allowed to spend your DKPs on the staff.
I don’t think you even read my original post since you are making these silly arguments. Chances are if this is eventually addressed as it should be, I’ll have finally gotten lucky, and it won’t impact me. But it does not mean every magician should have to go through what I have gone through.

I think you are just trolling this thread. Why don’t you just go haunt someone else.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

The mobs doesn’t spawn every 12 hours, just has a chance to spawn. Pras for the pending fix to this obsurd bottleneck, surely the same GM that made the ‘fix’ to recharges and soulfire will apply that same logic here.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have fantastic friends who have helped me kill Magi P'Tasa 10 times so far
So basically you are mad at the RNG. If you had gotten lucky during these kills, I'm sure you'd find the drop rate just fine.

Bottom line is, the devs know what the mage epic is and are perfectly aware of the staff bottleneck. Since they leave it there, it's most certainly because they don't want the server flooded with mages, just like any TLP server is at the beginning.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

If I had gotten lucky with the RNG, I might not have become aware of the rarity and I probably wouldn't have done the research. (/shakes head) Of course!

I think the staff is aware of the rarity, but I did not see a prior post that presented evidence that the drop rate is not classic. A guide mentioned in the post I did see in blue chat that the post should be here in bugs, and it should provide era pertinent evidence that the drop rate. So, here it is.

I did also see your post bumping a staff for sale in EC tunnel blue, one of your friends no doubt. I guess maybe your motives are not so pure on farming and the rarity of the staff. (figures)
Old 04-27-2020, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I did also see your post bumping a staff for sale in EC tunnel blue, one of your friends no doubt. I guess maybe your motives are not so pure on farming and the rarity of the staff. (figures)

You are wrong, I mistakenly replied to the topic instead of sending a private message in which I enquired about the price. I wouldn't mind epicing a mage on blue myself.

He's asking a million, which is a shit ton of course, and I'm not going to pay that much.

Note that other epic items such as the green or white scale, also routinely go for amounts of the same order of magnitude and they are nowhere near as empowering.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Note that other epic items such as the green or white scale, also routinely go for amounts of the same order of magnitude and they are nowhere near as empowering.

Let us know when Sev, Hosh, Vox, or Gore start being farmed by a small group of untagged farmers that camp out at the spawn.
Old 04-27-2020, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let us know when Sev, Hosh, Vox, or Gore start being farmed by a small group of untagged farmers that camp out at the spawn.
Nice
Old 04-27-2020, 04:38 PM
Former Guide

Please keep posting to factual based evidence here and not sling mud.
Closed Thread