Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

This was shared to me by another player, its another EMU and it is a good goal for rogeans new fix! I think it would be ideal if when you opened the spell book it popped to a marble UI like this guys https://youtu.be/EXdg9DOqKxk?t=38 (he will open the spell book right after that time code.)

However, If every time I right clicked on an item, or checked my inventory to swap some gear, and it popped into a marble UI inventory screen? I would probubly get censures and have to stop playing p99 lol

The large resolution just would make hot swapping UI on inventory inspects and inventory checks and swaps, not ok.

So, give me small right click windows, and the floating inventory screen we have now, and then the meditate book UI swap, and I would be super down with that.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-22-2019 at 01:41 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a valid opinion and suggestion, but they've already shown its not their vision. Otherwise they would simply not include guise/manastone at all and hybrid penalties would not exist. If you are going to go in the hardcore direction, go as far as you can. We should all be glad that so far they aren't planning to enforce full screen and making tabbing out windowed mode programs a bannable offense.

maYbe dEY sHUd
Old 09-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This would be great, floating inventory screen, old marble bag graphics... 2 bag limmit... I like.

Make meditate take up the whole screen, give me 6 buttons...

But I just gotta have that floating inventory screen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: really want that 2 bag and those bag graphics though !
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-22-2019 at 02:08 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Sarnak

Na I need it to all match. All stone or all transparent. You are ruining my immersion! I would not mind the stone ui. Ideally it would be optional, but I would use it.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Stone UI, you mean like you would use 640x480 with marble frame? Lol no way I just played that way and it sucks, it will turn this server into a gimick not a lifestyle like its been for 10 years.

We have to land in the middle, going full classic is like going amish. There are lines to be drawn lol

Stone bags look cool

These are facts, you're wrong if you disagree I'm Vyal. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 02:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thumbs down

No matter how hard we try, no matter what limitations we deliberately patch back into the game, being able to truly relive the classic experience of playing EQ for the first time in 1999 is an unachievable goal. We've already ventured into every nook and cranny of Norrath, so the sense of exploring the unexplored is gone. Even for any potential newcomers that have never played EQ, they have still undoubtedly played more modern MMOs, and having done so will influence and spoil how they regard classic EQ.

The loss of quality of life features (pet windows, better UIs, not having to stare at a spellbook while meditating, etc.) and the inclusion of poor design rules (class XP penalties) do not equate to a classic experience. Having them in the game will not make the Green server more enjoyable, and for many people their inclusion will make them enjoy it a lot less.

So, to answer the question: How classic do I want it?

Personally, I just want a fresh start on a new server, and I feel that this is by far the most classic potential of the Green server. However, if I'm forced to stare at the spellbook while meditating, then I'll pass on Green because, for me, there's a point where such limitations rob the game of its entertainment... but that's okay. This isn't my project, and I'm not the one making the decisions.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Banned

Exclamation

STONE or Transparent toggled via F10 vs mixed noNsenSe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

P1999 is experimental archeology, not about deliverying the optimum customer experience.

The real game is mining old data, producing evidenced reports to replicate classic eq.

Eqgame.exe is just the /gems of p1999.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

I certainly think that passing on green because of the spell book is a bluff.

But if we're going to eventually get to a forced 640x480 green99 then I wont be seeking any new guises by then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to be totally honest: I think some of these choices will make the game less fun to play lol

But oh well, we're doing something here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread