Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That being said, if we actually wanted to make this step less terrible, it would seem to me that you would have a roll at the opening of the window, and whoever wins owns the angry for that spawn. Everyone else can go about their lives and that one person can sock the window the one time.
Not a bad idée, we should work that out somehow =), but need some friends to help kill the big dude.
Last edited by EkotTunnel; 08-14-2020 at 10:07 AM..
Old 08-14-2020, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Angry goblin is fine, moved to resolved.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That being said, if we actually wanted to make this step less terrible, it would seem to me that you would have a roll at the opening of the window, and whoever wins owns the angry for that spawn. Everyone else can go about their lives and that one person can sock the window the one time.
Good idea.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 08-14-2020, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Personally, I'm just skipping this one. I'm not going to do the faction grind only to have to go win a daily roll only to have to go to a roll with a repeated 7 hour window followed by needing to get a rare drop off a 24 hour spawn. Just no.

Great idea.
Additionally, have said person call friends for Skargus halfway through window if he hasn't popped by then.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 08-14-2020, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

Idk i did this quest like a year ago ? And it was pretty easy. Took me maybe 1/50th of the time warrior epic did.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Idk i did this quest like a year ago ? And it was pretty easy. Took me maybe 1/50th of the time warrior epic did.
A year ago there weren't 40-50 people socking the Angry Goblin, every spawn window, right?

Old 08-14-2020, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A year ago there weren't 40-50 people socking the Angry Goblin, every spawn window, right?
There were like 10-15 people showing up every window back then. I kept losing the roll so i just parked my char there and logged in on an earthquake was just me and 1 guy. I remember trying to get the roll agreements together was a nightmare cause so many people (idiots?) wanted it to be a clickfest.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were like 10-15 people showing up every window back then. I kept losing the roll so i just parked my char there and logged in on an earthquake was just me and 1 guy. I remember trying to get the roll agreements together was a nightmare cause so many people (idiots?) wanted it to be a clickfest.
Ahh, nice. Quake seems like the best bet for sure.

Old 08-14-2020, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

roll at window start is an amazing idea. it improves literally everyone's quality of life while maintaining the classic spawn mechanics
Old 08-14-2020, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

The only problem I see with rolling at window start. Is that the window can shift from day to day. And its not published. For instance, I win roll at window start, so everyone logs off. Then mob spawns and no one but me and my friends are there. We turn in and kill it, now there is a new window start time. And only me and my friends know it. So, ya, that could be an issue.
Closed Thread