Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does that not ruin my faction?? ��
Paineel was a fast tracked addition to vanilla EQ, for free for everyone. Because of that, for whatever reason...someone forgot to assign modifiers for killing guards there. Everything else you could kill has things assigned, but not the guards.

Not sure why, but why not get involved? 7pp per kill + coin.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Well I broke down and just went to CoM because I suck at charm soloing in OT. I might get through this hell level and try some guards somewhere else. But man I just can't get the whole kill both for full xp thing down. I always end up OOM from the nukes or I end up dead lol but thanks for the advice everyone
Old 12-16-2016, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleLegit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I broke down and just went to CoM because I suck at charm soloing in OT. I might get through this hell level and try some guards somewhere else. But man I just can't get the whole kill both for full xp thing down. I always end up OOM from the nukes or I end up dead lol but thanks for the advice everyone
If you're nuking more than once you're doing it wrong.

Mez mob->Tash mob->Charm mob, wait for mez to fade.
Send pet at second mob->Root second mob->Wait for both mobs to be at 5-10% health.
Break charm->root old pet->Nuke both->You're done good job

The whole shebang should take you maybe 20-50% of your mana, depending on breaks/resists/if you sit and med during the fight.

There's a ton of guides/info out there on hunting guards from 29-56. Hunting guards is one of the safest/easiest/most profitable grinds. If you need any in-game help or examples of how to keep them similar health/not wasting mana nuking shoot me a PM.
Last edited by Crawdad; 12-16-2016 at 02:52 PM..
Old 12-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I think I have been too worried about wasting mana so I have tried using smaller nukes, maybe I'll just start using my biggest. Keeping them even is an issue, usually end up with pet at 10% and enemy at 35-40 % and slowing the enemy makes it the opposite. I might try using my lower slow. But I'll try not worrying about mana so much, because I really want to get good at soloing since it's the best experience. Thanks for the tips I might be PMing you soon. As for the guides I've read them all and I've read them two to five times each, as well as watching YouTube videos, like Tecmos soloing. But I'll just keep at it!
Old 12-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

It's funny too because when I asked a couple high level chanters in game and another friend of mine they all said they never did the whole kill both for full exp thing. They told me just let my pet kill. I did that for a while but I might as well group up if I'm going to lose half my exp.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Can start ogre guards at level 39, as you level up there they become much easier. At 46 some will turn green, but exp is still decent till 47. In ogre form and casting Benevolence you remain dubious to them even when max KoS.

Grobb guards can be fun but generally arent worth it due to cramped area and high hp.

47+ just find some lonely druid and do spirocs at KFC in TD (charm a proven for backstabs), or head to Dreadlands and charm a drolvarg rager. Give it two rusty weapons, haste it and kill away. Again partnering with a druid makes this insanely fun and quick exp. Druid pulls, ensnares, you cast Chase the Moon and sick pet. When 49+ switch to ravishing dogs. Collect no drop teeth from dogs and turn them at FV when you are 54+ (a stack gives almost 4% xp which is a lot by 54).

You can also get from 39 to 40 in a very relaxed way at hag tower in Unrest. Use wolf illusion (to become indifferent to the whole zone) and just nuke two hags, they die in 2 nukes when dispelled or just freshly spawned. Hags are green but give okay xp till 40.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

That's actually good advice. thanks everyone
Old 12-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Fire Giant

Don't get discouraged if you can't get the strat down at first. Embrace the learning as one of the fun parts of the game. And once you figure it out you'll never look back. I had a blast doing guards from about 35 to 50. You'll make fat cash too.

Watch some of techmos' video's on youtube if you're looking for some guidance. My strat varied from his a little bit (taper versus invis), but what he does is tried and true.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkZ...YEE9Y-_FTW4HZg
Old 12-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Thanks nostalgia! I've actually been kicking butt in oggok when it's not already camped finally got the basic strategy down. Occasionally still have to over nuke when the mobs don't stay even but doesn't happen too too much. Having a blast! Each zone I go to will be a new experience with some deaths to start out with, but I think it's a fun challenge
Old 12-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Aviak

Keep in mind there are 2 static bashers to the left side (Raan and Xak), and 2 roamers near bank area. Also there is one static basher (Wrang?) right by bank, but the banker adds when you pull basher so need to Lull him first. When resisted I usually pulled banker outside and used mez/memblur while killing basher Wrang.
Closed Thread