Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

People flocking to Karana so they can get their Langseax of the Wolves. Looking forward to it
Old 04-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Aviak

any casual who thinks Green is not for them has things backwards as hell. who cares about guise/manastones? Seriously it doesn't matter

Running around zones that are full of other struggling players trying to carve out some xp here and there? that's what classic eq is about and should be a casual's dream
Old 04-28-2019, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any casual who thinks Green is not for them has things backwards as hell. who cares about guise/manastones? Seriously it doesn't matter

Running around zones that are full of other struggling players trying to carve out some xp here and there? that's what classic eq is about and should be a casual's dream
Exactly correct. If this is why you play EQ then Green will be awesome.

If you are looking forward to Green because you think you're finally going to be able to farm your manastones you had better have your big boy pants on, because competition is going to be hard to impossible.

The big difference is that casuals on blue actually also got to max lvl and got their epics and even high end gear due to the extended time...which is appealing to most of the casuals I know.
Last edited by fastboy21; 04-28-2019 at 12:25 PM..
Old 04-28-2019, 12:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokhine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else recently make an alt and then read the front page and think... meh i'll wait for green...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] wut do
Ya, quitting as well until Green and then ill play fulltime until it merges with Blue, then permanently quit. it's just not fun for me to get excited for a dungeon crawl and find the 30 shaman has a Vindi BP, the monk has a Fungi, the cleric is epic. mindless faceroll ensues and i feel like im playing Warcraft.

Pantheon should be out by then anyways. thanks for releasing Green, cant wait!!
Last edited by Faxi; 04-28-2019 at 12:27 PM..
Old 04-28-2019, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

The twinking exaggeration is off the charts. These people would have you think every single lowbie is running around with best in slot gear. Also, if you think people on Green are going to be low level and low geared for long you are in for a surprise. There are going to major power gaming going on. Classic is so mind numbingly easy. Going to be just like blue after a month with 1-2 guilds locking everything down and major farming going on.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The twinking exaggeration is off the charts. These people would have you think every single lowbie is running around with best in slot gear. Also, if you think people on Green are going to be low level and low geared for long you are in for a surprise. There are going to major power gaming going on. Classic is so mind numbingly easy. Going to be just like blue after a month with 1-2 guilds locking everything down and major farming going on.
you're making a far greater exaggeration by implying a one month old server will look remotely the same as a 10 year old server.

Green is gonna feel fresh probably even as it merges with blue compared to the inflated mess people have been used to for the past 5 years
Old 04-28-2019, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

I would not be surprised if the first level 50 character arrives within a week of the green server opening. Unless the developers here mix up the zone experience modifiers, hardcore players will know which zones to camp and which zones to avoid. Once pesky real life aspects like sleep finally succumb a player, the account will transfer to the next guild member to continue camping and grinding.

While I hope people will succeed in their hopes and dreams, realistically the thoughts of people thinking, "I can finally get <this item>!" will be in for a rude awakening since again, those that will monopolize will not give up the camp except to their own.

And until Rogean and company state the (eventual) transfer rules to the blue server, as I believe Rygar mentioned in another thread, while magic users get to keep their spell books "as is", characters might get transferred to the blue server without coinage nor equipment.

Again, good luck to those heading to the green server for their destiny.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:43 PM
Large Bat

Which newbie zones will be me most open? The Erudite area? Warrens is hot, but most people like me don't want to be an Erudite. Same for gnomes, I dont like ugly little gnomes. I would imagine Befallen will be jampacked.
Maybe the Qeynos area will be best for finding mobs? Blackburrow will probably be packed too.
Which class can level the fastest in a saturated low level environment like this?
Old 04-28-2019, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After 9 years of p99, on and off and so on I dont think I have the heart to play on Green.

Its kinda like with SWGEmu years ago. I was having a gay ass old time in the world making whatever and whenever and accumulated enough resources to keep on going for whatever alt that tickled my dick. But then they wiped the server to apply a gigantic patch.

All my characters gone
All my blasters, rifles and melee weapons galore just gone.
I never could get back into SWGemu since then. Its been a long time too and that urge is just not there anymore.

I imagine Green also being that trigger, an end of an era. The population will get split either being a blessing or a curse depending on where your flag is. And while nothing will be wiped it still feels like the end.

Green is a mistake from my point of view.
In various discords there are people planning way way ahead, 1 bard, 5 leeches, zones to pick and what ever else. I know over in RnF I was kidding about a raid filled with level 20-30s for ass/sup with mage summoned weapons but its going to be a reality. I had a few alts in the pipe gathering misc belts and chips to PL to early teens and now I figure.. meh.
Green was always the endgame(spoilers) of p99. You're talking like someone who plays on a test/beta without realizing it's going to get wiped and then gets angry when they lose their progression. You're also talking about how it's fun to trivialize everything with twinking/PLing but not fun to play on a fresh server where you can actually die. The very fact that you're despairing over not being able to cheat the game by PLing your own alts with bonechip quests is evidence that you're already tired of EQ. You're talking like someone who overfed on nostalgia and was bored before they even realized it, but then blamed that boredom on a server wipe.

You're also talking like someone who isn't going to do something because they are afraid of other people ruining it for them before they even give it a chance. In the words of a certain idiot I know, "I ain't all about dat FPS life anymore dawg. People even cheat in tournaments." Imagine for a second being so dumb that you never play a shooter anymore because someone somewhere used an aimbot/wallhack at one point. That's what it's like to not try green (which is free) because you think other people are going to ruin it.

Maybe consider what green represents. Zones no one went to filled with people. No twinks. No PLs. A fresh economy. Groups at all levels. No teleports. Binds won't even be easy to get for a while. No class preference for groups (except in super extreme nerdlord cases). Druids and wizards being useful (since everyone won't have OT hammers).

Or instead you could complain about how you may as well kill yourself because you may never get a guise so everyone should spend their entire life farming ToV. Btw I gave away a guise using /ooc in Toxxulia during the Kunark launch event even though I didn't have one on any of my characters. Guess what no one cares, no one knows it happened and it didn't impact my life at all. Hell whoever looted it was probably a level 2 erudite that quit the game a month later. Being a dark elf druid isn't what EQ is about.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And until Rogean and company state the (eventual) transfer rules to the blue server, as I believe Rygar mentioned in another thread, while magic users get to keep their spell books "as is", characters might get transferred to the blue server without coinage nor equipment.
He was using the Test server as an example, which is a poor one, since it was exactly that - a test server. The only way his example works is if Blue were to merge into Green, and not the other way around, since Blue is the test server of P99.

But even if we took his example and applied it, what would be the point? Blue is already over-saturated with gear and platinum to the point of absurdity on a (then) 13 year old server. What's a few more manastones and NO DROP illusion masks? It would make absolutely no sense to wipe the characters of everything they earned in 3 years on Green, except for spells, just to merge them into a server that's had all that stuff for over a decade.

I feel pretty confident in saying there's absolutely zero chance that happens. We don't even know for sure if the characters will be merged onto Blue, much less that they'd wipe peoples characters.