Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-10-2019, 09:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chintofv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you open wineskin winery, you will need to delete your current engine by hitting the minus button. Then, hit the plus button. search for 2.6. Select that engine, then install like normal.
I did this and it WORKS! Yahoo thanks so much
Old 09-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabouter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's odd, you didn't change anything compared to the first time you tried?

I can't get it working at all, used to open it with Wineskin 2.6.2 before.

Was careful as well not to copy complete folders so the issue is definitely not there. However I am running Mac OS Mojave, so that might be why it isn't working.

Hope they come with an update for us mac users who aren't so tech savvy.
Yeah this fix was for people who upgraded to high Sierra. Unsure about Mojave. Did you try the wine stable method that has been working for everyone (did not work for me)?
Old 09-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

wine stable worked for me, im a wineskin user using mojave 10.14.6

after inputting the command in terminal window under wine stable, it threw a bunch of build errors like some has previously posted, and popped a window asking to install something, i canceled it, it threw few more lines of errors , then the game started

yes game is playable but something is wrong with the gamma/color/text - the gamma issue extends to other applications such as my browser and stuff, something isn't right
Old 09-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wine stable worked for me, im a wineskin user using mojave 10.14.6

after inputting the command in terminal window under wine stable, it threw a bunch of build errors like some has previously posted, and popped a window asking to install something, i canceled it, it threw few more lines of errors , then the game started

yes game is playable but something is wrong with the gamma/color/text - the gamma issue extends to other applications such as my browser and stuff, something isn't right
I had the gamma issue also, i went into the games options menu and lowered the gamma to 50% looks totally normal across all applications now. Hope that helps!
Old 09-10-2019, 12:15 PM
Aviak

FWIW I get the weird gamma behavior on my Windows PC, too.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:51 PM
Kobold

Has anyone been able to get this working using Vile's install? Been using this since i couldn't get Wineskin working correctly originally when I first started the game.

Also, if I am to go the wine route and need to DL EQ Titanium, is there a mac version for it? or can I just use the regular PC version of Ttitanium?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin314 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, if I am to go the wine route and need to DL EQ Titanium, is there a mac version for it? or can I just use the regular PC version of Ttitanium?
Use the PC version. Also, I doubt there is a Mac one. We Mac users are running PC software inside a wrapper or partition.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin314 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone been able to get this working using Vile's install? Been using this since i couldn't get Wineskin working correctly originally when I first started the game.

Not me I'm still hoping on a new version of the dsetup.dll file that works with the Vile's version.

I was hoping that now they added the pet window again with update 49b, it would be working again, but I'm afraid not.

I hope there will be someone who can fix Vile's version.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chintofv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you open wineskin winery, you will need to delete your current engine by hitting the minus button. Then, hit the plus button. search for 2.6. Select that engine, then install like normal.
Thanks. I deleted my other engines and added 2.6. However, this didn't make my old wrapper start working again. Would reinstalling help?

I have been able to log in using Wine Stable, but it still feels visually uncomfortable (gamma and fonts). I hope to get Winery working again.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks. I deleted my other engines and added 2.6. However, this didn't make my old wrapper start working again. Would reinstalling help?

I have been able to log in using Wine Stable, but it still feels visually uncomfortable (gamma and fonts). I hope to get Winery working again.
I just created a new wrapper using the older engine.