Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Stealth nerf in latest patch

I have a 54 Druid. I've been camping SolA for Kindle's gloves for the last several days. Sitting in the room, there are 3 spawns plus the wandering ph for Kindle. Yesterday, it was trivial for me to hold the room. I'd log in, hit each one of the 4 with Breath of Ro, it would tick for 103 damage, and I'd let all 4 of them beat on me til they died, and be at 85-90% health when it was done. Rinse, repeat.

Today, after the patch, I log in and Breath of Ro is ticking for 92 and I'm getting wrecked. They are doing WAY more damage to me, and one cast of Breath of Ro wasn't enough to kill them. I had to gate out at 17% health with 3 out of 4 still alive.

I see nothing in the patch notes that would explain 1) my dots doing less damage per tick or 2) 20 level below greens doing 5x more damage.

Wtf is going on?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Banned

AC change probably
Old 06-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC change probably
what he said for 2

for 1 - http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155482
Old 06-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Banned

I think the idea of the AC change wasn't to buff AC but to make a lack of it more of a liability.

Shit was kind of ridiculous I think (Splorf?) posted before with logs about how his ENC barely took more damage than his WAR and both were 60.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the idea of the AC change wasn't to buff AC but to make a lack of it more of a liability.

Shit was kind of ridiculous I think (Splorf?) posted before with logs about how his ENC barely took more damage than his WAR and both were 60.
id buy it for level appropriate mobs, but wouldnt think as bad for green cons
Old 06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

No rent items last forever though. It's a wash.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Banned

terrified to play tonight :/

I need them gloves :/
Old 06-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kordaal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 54 Druid. I've been camping SolA for Kindle's gloves for the last several days. Sitting in the room, there are 3 spawns plus the wandering ph for Kindle. Yesterday, it was trivial for me to hold the room. I'd log in, hit each one of the 4 with Breath of Ro, it would tick for 103 damage, and I'd let all 4 of them beat on me til they died, and be at 85-90% health when it was done. Rinse, repeat.

Today, after the patch, I log in and Breath of Ro is ticking for 92 and I'm getting wrecked. They are doing WAY more damage to me, and one cast of Breath of Ro wasn't enough to kill them. I had to gate out at 17% health with 3 out of 4 still alive.

I see nothing in the patch notes that would explain 1) my dots doing less damage per tick or 2) 20 level below greens doing 5x more damage.

Wtf is going on?
54 druid here. They nerfed Breath of Ro. It costs 250 mana for 92 damage per tick. It cost 225 mana for 103 damage per tick prior to the patch.

They also nerfed root. I leveled in HPK for most of 52 to now. I have never had a root resist or early break. Today, it did a handful of times on low blue and green mobs.

AC changes are apparent. I was taking a significantly smaller amount of damage prior to the patch. The same green and low blue con mobs now hit me for max nearly every time. I died once because I did not expect such a radical change.

Level 54 wolf form no longer shows as a black wolf. It's the plain old white wolf. Bah humbug to that.

I'm not thrilled with this, but it is what it is. I still think this is a great server and the people running it are awesome! I just wish that they mentioned all of the changes in the patch notes. =/
Last edited by kebas239; 06-24-2014 at 08:55 PM..
Old 06-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

were exploiting the overpowered version of breath of ro before this patch
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread