Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

Default Oggok/Grobb Guards

Hello, I was wondering when a good level would be to start killing guards as an enchanter would be, I've heard it's pretty good exp and money so I'd like to start doing that. I am level 39 at the moment. I feel really in over my head in Kunark, and I haven't tried my hand at charm soloing much yet as most people suggest kunark for charm soloing spots. So that's another reason I was hoping to kill some guards. Any further tips and suggestions would also be welcome. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

You just use summoned pet? Has that been effective for you? It seems charming/breaking for a double kill would be more efficient, but that is usually the only way I roll, so am not super familiar with alternatives. I want to say low 40s is good for Grobb, but it has been a while!
Old 12-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

No, when I have attempted to solo it's always been charm. However all the lower camps suggested for soloing when I tried were usually camped so I opted to group most of the time. But now that I'm 39 I really want to get into it, especially somewhere that I can make good money and exp at. Anyways no I haven't used a summoned pet since like level 20
Old 12-14-2016, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Ahhh. Let's see. 39-40 FV should be solid charming pirate cartographers and fear kiting drolvargs along the cliff. Hag/undead knight tower in Unrest will be greening out but still good exp. OT comes to mind, but I always found OT dreadfully boring.

Kaesora should be good, however, or the bottom floor of Dalnir. And of course there is lower guk, SolB and maybe Mistmoore.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Yeah Kunark sketches me out, besides OT I could try there. Never been to any of the other places you mentioned
Old 12-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Fire Giant

You can try solB, need to be very carefull though, adds can be plenty.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Yeah adds definitely scare me haha. Been trying OT, I do fine unless I try and keep mobs even to kill at the same time. That's difficult. But when I just have let kill as much as he can and then break charm when he is low and kill him it's a bit easier.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:31 AM
Kobold

You can do up to 48ish in Paineel if you want city guards (further in) - it wont trash your faction there either, and the bank/vendors aren't a pain to get to in distance.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

How does that not ruin my faction?? ��
Old 12-16-2016, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...guard+charming

Forum search is your friend.

At 39, the dwarves in butchblock would be a good place to hone your charming skills. then at 40 you can move to oggok.

head to the dock compound in butcher. there's a fisher dude and another dwarf on each dock. pit those two against each other. then there's two in the huts near the entrance to the compound. fight them against each other. then if you run out of the compound there's a ruin on your left that has two more to pit against each other. Will ruin you kaladim faction, but who cares. sell to the high elf guy in the compound.

Guides for oggok and grobb are in the post linked above.
Last edited by nostalgiaquest; 12-16-2016 at 02:33 AM..
Closed Thread