Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Lightbulb Gina - Unique mob timers

Greetings Norrathians!

I'm looking for some help with a Gina trigger listing a unique mob name as the display timer; specifically for root timers.

I've spent a long time trying myself, and I'm still not sure if my desired result is even possible. From the Gina references I've found, it seems really powerful but as it only parses the log, I'm not sure it can differentiate mobs with the same name??

{S} lists the mobs name, but I'm encountering an issue with the timer resetting if I root another mob with the same name (as it re-triggers the search criteria).

What I'm looking for is if I can add a unique identifier to each mob so the timer won't reset should I root two mobs with the same name.

Ie.
1:50 Root - A Fire Beetle #1
2:00 Root - A Fire Beetle #2

Thanks in advance!!
Old 01-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Aviak

Any Ideas?!
Old 01-23-2019, 01:57 PM
Fire Giant

It's really simple and your coming at the problem from the wrong direction. Edit the trigger, go the timer options. One of them will be a little drop down with something like "what to do on repeat" or something like that. One of the options is start a new timer. Select that, and you can have separate timers for everything, even if it has the same name, all just using {s}
Old 01-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

{s1}
Old 01-23-2019, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Okay sounds great; I'll try that out later. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2019, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I'm looking for is if I can add a unique identifier to each mob so the timer won't reset should I root two mobs with the same name.
Unfortunately no, you cannot achieve this with GINA. All GINA is doing is parsing your logs - think of it this way, whatever information you can discern from your log files is exactly what GINA can discern. If you're looking back at your logs and you see two identical messages saying "A fire beetle's feet adhere to the ground", and then a following message that says, "A fire beetle's skin combusts", do you know which fire beetle was just nuked? The answer is the same for GINA.

And yeah you want to make sure you're selecting "Start a new timer" for the "If timer is already running when triggered again" option under the Timer tab so you can have multiple spell timers for that specific spell. The way I manage this is by not using any end early strings for spells I want to use timers for, so my spell timers aren't wrongly interrupted by unrelated messages. For example, let's say you're using "Your root spell has worn off" as an end early string for root - fire beetle #1 gets rooted, then a minute later fire beetle #2 gets rooted but it's an unlucky root and breaks right away. GINA has no way of distinguishing which mob "Your root spell has worn off" is referring to, so it will end your root timer for the first fire beetle by default. Instead, what I do is set up separate alert triggers for certain strings like "Your root spell has worn off", so I'm still alerted when a root breaks but my timers always run out their course.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 01-23-2019 at 10:07 PM..