Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Aviak

What level could one attain the whole set solo?
Play on red, so the gracious gift of the time of Leopaz isn't much an option.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've been camping the brutes outside Dalnir to stay near there for when I catch Leopaz on, I went inside at 26 and I was way to low.

I was watching a 35 mage solo the entrance, so I'd say you want to be between 30-40 and have a group.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teadar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the boots just drops on floor 2.......
Not exactly. Both of the Kly Imprecators on the third floor can have a Kly Evoker spawn as a ph and that Kly Evoker can drop the boots. Possibly the same is true for the ph of the mob that can drop the Tattered Tomb Shroud, but I am not sure.

But I agree that the best way is to stay on the second floor until you have boots, then drop down to the third floor to camp the remaining pieces.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What level could one attain the whole set solo?
Play on red, so the gracious gift of the time of Leopaz isn't much an option.
I was able to solo most of the church area on floor three at ~48 with an IFS and a FBSS.

I would avoid pulling the Kly Imprecator as his nukes seem to hurt more and hit more reliably than the other mobs, so you'll want to get your boots on floor 2 before you drop down.

Being an Iksar and/or having a Fungi would help a lot. You'll want bandaids either way.

Some MR would help a lot too. A couple of the mobs can slow you.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not exactly. Both of the Kly Imprecators on the third floor can have a Kly Evoker spawn as a ph and that Kly Evoker can drop the boots. Possibly the same is true for the ph of the mob that can drop the Tattered Tomb Shroud, but I am not sure.

But I agree that the best way is to stay on the second floor until you have boots, then drop down to the third floor to camp the remaining pieces.
If you're gonna farm, don't ever plan on boots dropping on 3rd. Yes, almost any PH down on 3rd has a chance to have evoker, but even so, with my countless hours down there, I've seen exactly 1 pair of boots on the 3rd floor. And by countless I mean I've gotten at least 40 full sets of crescent.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:46 PM
Banned

I can't even imagine how many headbands you must have seen to get 40 pants... I killed almost 400 invokers to get pants to drop once. But others tell me that I was unlucky.

It only took me 2-3 clears of the second floor to get boots, and I think that is pretty lucky.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Large Bat

I cant wait to get up to lvl 25 to get this sweet set. Hopefully you still have time. Thanks for helping us new monks out Leo. /dance
Old 11-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Sarnak

I was spending 1-3 hours a day for 2 weeks soloing in Dalnir and even at level 47 I progressed slowly through the dungeon due to all the caster nukes. I had gotten every piece except the legs and the boots. One day I see an OOC from Leopaz asking what pieces I needed. He immediately met up with me and soon brought a few more monks along with him. Within an hour I had both the boots and the legs! Thanks Leopaz =)
Old 11-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the help a few weeks ago Leopaz! You are the man.

~Quickfist
Old 11-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

52 monk ikky with fungi could solo a pair of boots? I know dalnir is pretty nasty with all them casters, but I havnt been there since classic.
Closed Thread