Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s called a fascist because he says things like “I will have to wait and see how the elections go” when asked quite simply if he’ll accept the results. We’ve had the longest string of peaceful transfers of power in human history bud, it isnt a small thing that trump is seeding doubt in that process. It matters BIGLY

His impulses aren’t great with regard to democracy and the Pax Americana. He has stood up to China, which is great, but on just about every other front he’s undermined the United States
Yes, he didn't say the exact thing that would please you. He's saying "Hey guys, we haven't had unprecedented mail in voting in all of our nation's history. Mail in voting is not the same thing as absentee voting. Penn. is even trying to legislate away signature verification. There are like a million opportunities here to tamper with ballots compared to a normal election that isn't occuring during a gigantic unforseen global pandemic". That's kind of a fair point. And by the way, biden is saying literally the same thing; he won't accept the results. They are both blaming eachother for the same thing, unfortunately history has repeatedly shown that the party not in power is much more likely to behave underhandedly. Every single time.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump has all his life posed a moral puzzle: What is due in the way of kindness and sympathy to people who have no kindness and sympathy for anyone else?/[/url]
Haha, right. Cause that's a totally objective and accurate statement. You, not being donald trump and not knowing him and not having lived his life and not really knowing anything about him aside from a highly curated stream of data you get from TV, knows that he "has no kindess and sympathy for anyone else". Fantastic foundation for an argument, seriously. What could possibly be wrong with this.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

I like Everquest
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 10-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can tell when somebody is progressive and "for the people" when they wish for the death of other human beings they disagree with. Ghoulishly vulturing over and relishing the misfortune of others is such a great quality!
Pointing out that he is reaping what he has sown is the point i think most people are at. Had he not done so much to make this situation worse I think he'd have more public sympathy than he does.

You're a disingenuous person to the core. No is falling for your middle of the road pragmatism and moral high ground act, Trumptard.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry you've had to deal with this, I genuinely am. I don't revel or relish in the suffering of other people, whether I agree with them or not. He may very well be guilty of downplaying the virus. You might not be the best judge of what the right thing to do is though. If somebody loses their job and livlihood and their wife leaves them and takes the kids and they end up killing themselves or becoming alcoholics as a result, both of which are highly elevated since April, that also matters.

It's also worth noting, democratic governed cities put young covid positive patients into nursing homes, housing them with the most vulnerable. Trump is not responsible for that, states govern themselves. When he attempts to override state authority he's called a fascist, and meanwhile also gets blamed for any bad thing that happens "under his watch". And he wanted to close the borders very early, and was called xenophobic and racist for his trouble. Everyone wants to point fingers and place blame here, but facts matter.
I actually agree with you on a lot of issues. The difference between you and I is I don’t belong to either of these teams. And I’m not trying to win the Internet. It doesn’t bother me one bit that you feel I’m not qualified to make a decision on what the right thing to do as far as protection versus this virus. If you meant anything else then you’re way off track. And the rest of what you said I don’t even understand what you were trying to say to be quite honest.

What I will tell you is the only thing I do care about is that if I can get just one person, Democrat, Republican, white, black, or orange to take the proper precautions and potentially save another human beings life, then I have done my job. But as I’ve said in the past this gets taxing after months of trying to get people to realize this shit is serious. It’s petty but it’s very difficult to not say I fucking told you so.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pointing out that he is reaping what he has sown is the point i think most people are at. Had he not done so much to make this situation worse I think he'd have more public sympathy than he does.

You're a disingenuous person to the core. No is falling for your middle of the road pragmatism and moral high ground act, Trumptard.
Right but that expression does not apply at all. He did not say "the virus isn't real don't take any precautions whatsoever it's totally fine just do whatever!". He simply questioned the efficacy of masks and the degree of the threat from a virus with a low death rate even compared to the flu, especially in relation to the economic impacts overzealous lockdowns have. Many medical professionals have also done this, there is by no means a consensus. "Middle of the road" is always what people say when they want to say "join my team or else!". I don't give a flying shit if something is right or left, I care about what is true.

Cool second paragraph though; tell me more about myself. You clearly know me better than I do.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Tulsi wasn't terrible but not super charismatic either.)
It's always the Trumptards who like Tulsi.

She's a bought and paid for Assad stooge. Her unauthorized and unsanctioned trip(s) to Syria in 2016 and reporting lies back to the American public and Congress. Unregistered foreign lobbying is a crime.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like Everquest
is it cool to report someone for being On Topic in the Off Topic board? Or is this Off Off Topic?
Old 10-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always the Trumptards who like Tulsi.

She's a bought and paid for Assad stooge. Her unauthorized and unsanctioned trip(s) to Syria in 2016 and reporting lies back to the American public and Congress. Unregistered foreign lobbying is a crime.
You should let the federal government know about this right away.

Also she is smoking red hot volcano lava, so I don't really care what she does.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it cool to report someone for being On Topic in the Off Topic board? Or is this Off Off Topic?
It's called off-topic, meaning not related to everquest. Obviously we are all huge disgusting nerds who play everquest; this is the subforum where we take a break from the immersive online fantasy world of norrath and get irrationally mad about other things.
Closed Thread