Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Default Solusek B: Non-Shaman Kobolds should not be able to see invis

Hi,

You know, I don't know how to look at waybacked sites, so I could use some help. I remember when I played a recent Sony prog server (and perhaps on live, I don't know) that in Sol B, the only kobolds that will attack you when you are invisible are the shamans, or other magic classes. Regular kobolds (Solusek Kobolds, Greater Kobolds) DID NOT see invis, and would not attack you through it.

I could use some help digging up appropriate evidence. But yeah, quite a shock when I come into Sol b and casually stroll to a camp. I was never so pissed. Maybe pissed isn't the right word. I can't find the word. But I was it!

Sol B non-caster kobolds shouldn't be able to see invis.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Aviak

Found this: http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6606

"Some NPCs, such as the Kobold Shamans in Nagafen's Lair, cast See Invisible on themselves and their allies; and this will make "sneaking down" into such areas more difficult and sometimes impossible."

This as opposed to what it is now, with mobs spawning with see invis.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3265

Entry for greater kobold
Quote:
Feb 24 2000

much better to DOT them then to DD them as a druid. they can see through superior camo and invis alot, must be all the shamans around.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3264
Post from the "a greater kobold" entry
Quote:
Apr 17 2000
Well on the comment of Kobolts, yep they are KOS and dont think invis will save you ethier EVERYTHING in sol b can see invis it is freaking annoying and sad but True...... Makes you want to Cry... =*(
also everything in sol b is KOS so what you got here is a KOS zone that can See invis!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 AM
Aviak

I won't argue. But how come they spawn with see invis?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by agalig2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't argue. But how come they spawn with see invis?
Many (most) NPCs that see invisi do, its part of their innate properties/abilities.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many (most) NPCs that see invisi do, its part of their innate properties/abilities.
I was referring to the non-shaman kobolds.

You think its right that they spawn with see invis when they're non-magical and no one casts it on them?

I believe this is how it is currently, which I am bringing to the devs attention b/c it is NOT how I remember it being.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Aviak

everything in solb is supposed to see invis, the reason is because solb was supposed to be the main high level dungeon before kunark and they wanted it to be very difficult

everything is correct on this server in regards to this

http://bcope1.www6.50megs.com/monk/guides/solb.html

"All monsters can see invisible, so corpse recovery can be a pain, plus you can't easily get to your destination without killing everything on the way."