Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

Default Default UI- Multiple Hotbars

Currently the Default UI only supports 1 hotbar (sort of classic! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but.. I want more than one hot bar (not classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but I also dont want that future looking Dexua UI (even less classic) I like the simple default UI look (sort of classic again yay!).

I have seen people on twitch with the default UI with all 4 hotbars visible. I have tried to turn them on in the options but it doesn't work. ive also googled it and searched the forums and found lots of 'pieces' of info but not a solid instructional on how to get multiple hotbars with the default UI.

Does anyone know and can they walk me through it, hopefully this thread will come up next time someone searches.

Or maybe I'm using the wrong words to search and there is already a thread like this. Could someone link it?

Thank you thank you thank you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

You need to edit the xml file.

go to your everquest folder > uifiles > default > and then find the file called EQUI_HotButtonWnd. Right click on it and select edit. I strongly recommend that you backup this file somewhere else before you start editing. If you mess it up the game may not even load for you.

you will notice lines of xml code, for example, you will see near the top:

Ui2DAnimation item="HB_SpellGemHolder" with further lines of code under it. if you scroll way further down you will see the same lines of code except it will look like:

Ui2DAnimation item="HB2_SpellGemHolder"

notice the 2 added in there. However, under these lines there will not be any additional lines of code. This is the code that was ripped out which is preventing you from loading hotbar 2, 3, and 4.

basically you need to enter all of that missing code from the HB lines and add it to all of the HB2, HB3, and HB4 lines so that it is identical, making sure you also have changed HB to HB2, HB3, and HB4 where necessary. I just copied and pasted all of the code into these lines to where it belonged and assigned it all HB2, HB3, and HB4 by hand where it needed to be.

If you did it correctly you will be able to click on the EQ window in game and load the hotbars.

additional note: whenever you are downloading a patch you are going to have to make sure you do not download the uifiles part of the patch, or it will revert you back to one hotbar.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by -Catherin-; 08-28-2014 at 05:11 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Banned

Awesome thanks!! I will try it out tonight!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome thanks!! I will try it out tonight!
An easier solution would be to download a UI (like mine) that already has the hotbars and copy and paste the EQUIHotbar.xml file from it to your default UI.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An easier solution would be to download a UI (like mine) that already has the hotbars and copy and paste the EQUIHotbar.xml file from it to your default UI.
im gona piggyback this and say that some of the xml elements do not work when i simply copy/paste them into another UI.. i spent som time trying to fix this, to no avail....
Last edited by phacemeltar; 08-28-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Old 08-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im gona piggyback this and say that some of the xml elements do not work when i simply copy/paste them into another UI.. i spent som time trying to fix this, to no avail....
Many of the XML files have dependencies that you aren't copying over I bet. For instance, the player info window and spellbook sometimes need the animation XML to have certain entries.

My UIs are just a heavy rework of the default UI. They were all built using a copy/pasted default UI folder that was renamed. Nothing was changed on the hotbars short of added 2 new bars and photoshopping a .tga file that they reference. I guarantee it and every XML except the spellbook will work within the default UI.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:26 AM
Orc

Hate to revive a dead post but I'm also looking to set up multiple hotbars with the old UI. When I tried to follow the steps -Catherin- provided I'm not finding Ui2DAnimation item="HB2_SpellGemHolder"
I'm guessing these instructions might be a bit dated at this point? Could anyone offer some guidance to someone who isn't familiar with coding on how to achieve this with a recent install?
Old 08-04-2019, 06:17 AM
Large Bat

hotbuttons_2x5.zip

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Download >> Unzip to your EverQuest/uifiles/default folder >> Overwrite existing file.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Orc

Thank you so much! Gonna use this soon as I’m back on my computer. Much appreciated!