Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Orc

Default Chanter charming

Hi guys. I talked to someone who has 50 enchanter that mentioned charming on green is not efficient or worth it like it is on blue.
Listen, I played chanter on blue as an alt and charming was crazy good. I also understand this is one person’s opinion.
Any other enchanters able to weigh in? Have you been able to charm solo effectively? Have groups been much better? Are enchanters not charming in groups?

Fyi my enchanter is only 7 atm as I have limited play time. My intention is to be able to solo mostly so I’d be disappointed to hear that it’s not as feasible for some reason.
Thanks!
Old 12-22-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

one enchanter has a higher power level than an entire group of non enchanters

charm is laughably easy to perform and effective as ever
Old 12-22-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Chanters are awesome. But if you play a chanter stronger than an entire group of non chanters, you must be a far better chanter than I am. And while charm doesn't need to be too horribly complicated to do well, especially when exping and with space to use, it isn't "laughably easy" especially at lower levels and without twinking.

If both the things you're claiming are true, we'd see solo chanters doing lord and king and freeti and shit like people were worried about before green/teal launches. Everyone was doom and gloom about how all the camps would be locked down by solo chanters. Fast forward two months and chanters are barely locking down shit. Why in the world would that be the case if they're strong as a whole group and trivial to play correctly? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2019, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Spoken like someone who has no idea
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys. I talked to someone who has 50 enchanter that mentioned charming on green is not efficient or worth it like it is on blue.
Listen, I played chanter on blue as an alt and charming was crazy good. I also understand this is one person’s opinion.
Any other enchanters able to weigh in? Have you been able to charm solo effectively? Have groups been much better? Are enchanters not charming in groups?

Fyi my enchanter is only 7 atm as I have limited play time. My intention is to be able to solo mostly so I’d be disappointed to hear that it’s not as feasible for some reason.
Thanks!
If you have limited playtime , as in only an hour or two here and there.. I'd play something else frankly. 1-30ish sucks ass as chanter. And it's not a good class imo to just plat for an hour or two. Especially if you need AFK breaks and such. And that person is essentially right but not something to worry about : rEnchanter power scales linearly with mob power and kunark+ arrives mob strength continues to grow at an accelerated rate compare to 1-50 in vanilla EQ.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spoken like someone who has no idea
spoken like someone who is either a.) liar (they're not that strong!) or b.) delusional (it's not that easy!) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-22-2019, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanters are easily the single most OP class in all of classic and it’s not even really that close Once they get lvl 29+. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise has never played an enchanter, is not good at playing enchanter, or doesn’t want you to know how OP they are. And yes untwinked it is trivial to mow through mobs that are blue/white/yellow cons.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Walllicker please post a stream of you mowing thru yellow mobs untwinked. Not some edited video.

Also with no sow or jboots please ��
Old 12-22-2019, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Walllicker please post a stream of you mowing thru yellow mobs untwinked. Not some edited video.

Also with no sow or jboots please ��
This.

Nobody denies chanters and charm are crazy powerful. But there's quite a difference between that (which is pure truth) and "it's faceroll lololz" and "you are stronger than a whole group" and whatever (which are the exaggerations of people who are butthurt that chanters and/or charm haven't been nerfed by the p99 devs).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-22-2019 at 08:12 PM..
Old 12-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

You want me to do it in unrest? Highkeep? SolA? SolB? Guk? Outdoor zone?
Closed Thread