Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fact Check: True

Except for being able to wear Efreeti plate armor from PoSky which will be outclassed later, Iksars Necros reign supreme.
This is statistically true for tanking bone knights, but what I think Ivory is most excited about is the melee dps she can put out. Gnomes just as good as anyone there!

Also update on necromancer: She is now 23, last two levels I did in about three hours each. Proc/tap tanking is efficient and fun for this level range! Looking forward to playing more.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Last edited by Balimon; 09-24-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Old 09-24-2020, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar necros will reign supreme!
Sorry little gnome, you tried your best.
In theory!! But will there ever be an iksar who rises up beyond the greatness of gnome bone knights?! I don't thinks so, would take much dedication and accolades (like being the champion of battle!)

But, even by the numbers, things aren't that good for Iksars. Sure they have a decent AC boost and regen bonus....BUT

gnomes start with 108 int
Iksar start with 85 int

And both start with same dex.

So as far as a bone knight goes, gnomes can boost their DEX up by 25 to start, giving them an edge in the ways of bone knight fighting. Iksars would need to dump that into INT just to MATCH a gnomes massive gnome brains.

Essentially iksar bone knights get an AC boost and regen boost, and gnome bone knights get a +25 dex boost or +25 int boost to start.

BUT! Gnomes also get superior peepers!! Able to see through walls of all sorts!

AND gnomes get a blanket faction bonus! Which is why it wasn't too hard to become beloved by all cities. I can go to halas, surefall (including druids at rings), qeynos, rivervale, kaladim, kelethin, freeport, neriak, erudin...all without skeleton form!

And with skeleton form go into grobb and ogok.

An iksar would be hated everywhere. Just for an AC bonus??

I dunno, gnome bone knights is mighty powerful. Let alone being around so long and collecting ancient treasures. It will be a long long time till an iksar can really challenge the greatness of gnomes (and even then, they will have trouble matching gnomes). By the time the first young iksar bone knight is born, with great dreams in their eyes.... Palabin the ancient bone knight will already be clad in fine golden armor forged by the efreetis!! An achievement (and AC boost) that an iksar wouldn't be able to achieve for a looonggg time after.
Last edited by Ivory; 09-24-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Old 09-24-2020, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Bump for Gnome Necro's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2020, 05:36 PM
Skeleton

Free bump, for how cool this idea is. Trying it out myself on my first character coming back into EQ. Sounds a lot cooler of an idea than just dumping my starting stats into INT.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooDReDRagE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free bump, for how cool this idea is. Trying it out myself on my first character coming back into EQ. Sounds a lot cooler of an idea than just dumping my starting stats into INT.
I wrote a guide for it even! https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=368553
Old 10-24-2020, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a wiki guide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

How bad is this going to suck when the low skill cap won’t hit anything and bone knights have capped max melee damage ? ?

Curious before I start down this path
Old 10-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How bad is this going to suck when the low skill cap won’t hit anything and bone knights have capped max melee damage ? ?

Curious before I start down this path
I considered the same thing. By then, you could probably just transfer back into the "normal" necro roll. I assume, because I am super low level still, that the Bone Knight build makes leveling faster than going the normal route, making the build at least worth it in that aspect. Am I right?
Old 10-25-2020, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

I can't see it working very well past level 30, and definitely not in the latter half of Kunark content. People seem to vastly overestimate the tanking power of a character with like 6-700 AC and practically no defensive skills. It's a gimmick that might be fun to try, but anyone who thinks this is some kind of genuinely viable alternate necromancer playstyle will be disappointed. You probably shouldn't think of this as anything other than a different way to level a necro twink up to 30ish.

If they removed the melee damage cap for casters and you get your hands on a Rod of Annihilation, it's possible that the DPS would be almost kind of okayish against very low blues. That's a pretty high bar. And if you think you'll do good DPS with a Staff of Writhing just because you stuck 25 points into dex, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Don't get too carried away by this melee encromancer fantasy.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:54 PM
Skeleton

I always have been curious as to why necros start with more dex at character creation, and has green text on the number to indicate it's a recommended stat. Exactly why is that?
Closed Thread