Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have 500,000 people meeting up for a biker rally in sturgis. It doesn’t make sense and it’s utterly indefensible.
And nothing happened other than what normally happens at Sturgis.

Americans enjoying their shared passion for motorcycles...with a little "fuck you" to those saying they shouldn't.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bellamy admitted to pulling a gun on a teenager who knocked on his door

Very weird perception of tyranny and force from your perspective. I didn’t answer because I would not have allowed either the protests against masks or the later BLM protests. But I didn’t write the constitution, which enshrines the right to assemble and protest in the first amendment. It does not protect a person’s individual right to deny science and become a disease vector

It’s great that you wear a mask. It’s bad that somehow America is unique in the developed world in that we have to even ask our citizens to do so. This isn’t an issue in Japan, Taiwan, France or Spain. Some countries haven’t done well, but at least they tried. We have 500,000 people meeting up for a biker rally in sturgis. It doesn’t make sense and it’s utterly indefensible.
Yeah really shocking that the group of people who are ancestors to folks who risked everything to start the greatest nation the world has seen, don't follow the same rules as the rest of the world. Truly shocking. America is great because of this exact value. If you don't understand this you aren't grasping the beauty of America.

Also what else would you call the government forcing it's citizens to perform a song and dance or face arrest? Seems quite tyrannical to me.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

It was the greatest fall the world had ever seen.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being neighborly implies an element of choice though, and also I think some self-sacrifice. Like you choose to take the time to rake your elderly neighbor's leaves when you could be leveling your Troll. I think that's an important distinction - if I am being compelled to perform an action through the threat of fines or imprisonment, my resulting actions can't really be characterized as neighborly.

I wear my mask outside not because I think it's effective or because I'm legally mandated, it's because I know my elderly neighbors are terrified and I don't want to scare them - I'm being neighborly because I make that conscious decision every time I go out. It's not their fault they're scared and it's only a little inconvenience.

If the government threatened me with jail for not wearing one, I would grow to resent my neighbors. Eventually I would cough on their doorknobs some dark morning. No one wants that, with the Ring cameras everywhere.
Yeah, I mean we agree on every point then, except, that what we did was jump to threatening you with jail for not wearing a mask.

I promise the only people that are pushing that argument are the ones that are trying to convince you that it's true.

Everyone fined/arrested (except for use of excessive force that is exactly the argument against police use of excessive force that Kyle Rittenhouse is so against) was fined/arrested because they were resisting the law, not because they weren't wearing a mask.

So I think it's fair to say that you cant support cops and be anti masks, anymore than you'd argue you can support cops and BLM.

And for that matter, if you would cough on a doorknob because someone asks you to wear a mask, how can you not understand why people are rioting over BLM anyway? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-19-2020, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You chose to ignore my statement about how I do wear my mask.

Should the police arrest jews who are celebrating outside in larger groups while ignoring protesters? Explain how that's ok.
Of course not. But those two are not the same thing.

Me saying masks should be mandatory during the pandemic =/= we should be so dumb that we arrest religious organizations gathering outdoors. It's apparent protests did not create spikes and it looks like outdoors might be pretty ok if we wear masks, and who knows maybe if only 80, or 20% do. We can find out if we take slow steps back to opening the economy.

What the right (and left!) should be doing is working on clarifying what activities are safe to do outside, what are not, and how to implement them.

What part of that is complicated?

The thing is we cant even get to that step because people are steering the conversation into one about how every medical advisor in the trump campaign is saying one thing and trump and his supporters are saying another.

It's like you're yelling fire in a movie theater in my opinion. What if it got so bad that there were enough people like me that agree'd that it was neccisisary to save lives if we weld you into your homes?

It's self fulfilling prophecy.

Jesus wouldnt ask his followers to just get a disease because it'd own the romans.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-19-2020 at 02:28 PM..
Old 10-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I mean we agree on every point then, except, that what we did was jump to threatening you with jail for not wearing a mask.

I promise the only people that are pushing that argument are the ones that are trying to convince you that it's true.
On this you are thoroughly mistaken. I've been threatened with arrest for refusing to wear a mask several times, now. I will not wear one under any circumstances--Uncle Sam can go stuff himself. So far the police who've been called on me have stopped with threats because most of them don't particularly want to be the mask police. Most of them think it's BS too (and in most cases, amusingly enough, aren't wearing 'em themselves). That'll change as soon as the wrong cop (or one having a bad day) happens to be called out. I expect I might spend a night or two in the clink before this is over with. It is a citizen's duty to resist tyranny. Silently "protesting" from the comfort of your own home, risk-free, is not enough, and won't accomplish anything. On this, at least, BLM has the right idea: If you want change, you have to be willing to go out there and put your butt on the line.

Agree with my actions or not, but the threats of arrest are very much real.

Danth
Old 10-19-2020, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

imagine not being able to refute any points in a forum post so the best you can do is attach the format of the post and say how much you hate the imagine format

just imagine
Old 10-19-2020, 03:15 PM
Banned

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...hools/2671617/
Old 10-19-2020, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the right (and left!) should be doing is working on clarifying what activities are safe to do outside, what are not, and how to implement them.
OOo OOoo me me.

What activities are safe to do outside?

Easy answer: all of them, because COVID is a hoax; aggrandizing the common cold to the status of Pandemic.

Don't trip; this isn't World War Z.

Better luck next virus, China!
Old 10-19-2020, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On this you are thoroughly mistaken. I've been threatened with arrest for refusing to wear a mask several times, now. I will not wear one under any circumstances--Uncle Sam can go stuff himself. So far the police who've been called on me have stopped with threats because most of them don't particularly want to be the mask police. Most of them think it's BS too (and in most cases, amusingly enough, aren't wearing 'em themselves). That'll change as soon as the wrong cop (or one having a bad day) happens to be called out. I expect I might spend a night or two in the clink before this is over with. It is a citizen's duty to resist tyranny. Silently "protesting" from the comfort of your own home, risk-free, is not enough, and won't accomplish anything. On this, at least, BLM has the right idea: If you want change, you have to be willing to go out there and put your butt on the line.

Agree with my actions or not, but the threats of arrest are very much real.

Danth
Who threatened to arrest you danth? You are the most mild mannered person around here. I cant imagine you got threatened to be arrested.

Are you telling me that you went into establishments, and had the police called on you by the owners of those establishments? Because they could have done that for any reason they wanted to. If the police came, under any circumstances because they asked you to leave the premises, you'd be threatened with an arrest. (obviously if it was discrimination its different but you not believing in the law is not discrimination, its you not agreeing with the law)

If the police were called because you were not wearing a mask and were asked to by the owner of the establishment you were occupying, and you were threatened to be arrested, could it be because you were asked to leave and you did not and were therefore trespassing? (you dont have to explain to me how the police probably treated you like shit and used excessive force when dealing with you though) (but that has zilch to do with masks.) (In fact masks have zilch to do with tyranny, but the excessive force however does! lol )

You know the old saying, dont let perfet be the enemy of good? Like resisting tyranny is one thing but resisting it like this? that's totally different. It's harming yourself and your community, because you are taking things a little bit too overboard. Anti mask is just the like, stay at home version of rioting during protests.

Like going to jail over masks? Bruh, how about my taxes? If youre going to jail, go to jail over taxes, but masks?? Come on. You start fighting this hard to reduce my taxes by 70-90% and Ill go to the clink with you.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-19-2020 at 04:45 PM..
Closed Thread