Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Dwarf charisma and lull

Would it be worth it as a dwarf paladin to toss 15 of your 20 generation points into wisdom, bringing it up to 70? You would still have 100 str and 95 sta. Wich is more stamina then any of the other races after pumping generation points into, except human, who ends up at 100 sta.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I meant 15 of the 20 points int charisma.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

nah, go sta and make sure yer agility is at least 75.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, just reroll Half-elf and the problem goes away. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Real Answer: Paladin as a puller is very much a once-in-a-while thing. You won't have the mana to pull & tank at a decent pace unless you have a chanter or bard in the group, and both of those classes are better pullers than a paladin. It's just not worth giving up your dwarf advantage of superior melee stats. You're already sufferring thru playing the ugliest and most fotm paladin race (99.83% of all paladin twinks are dorfs, the other one is an Erudite) don't gimp your stats and make your guy not only ugly & fotm but also inferior to the other 9000 dorf paladin twinks.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Mine actually won't be a twink. My highest level character is in the 20's. Just gonna roll him from scratch. Barrel roll and the melee stats are why I am going dwarf, well those and lowbie Kaladim questable scarab carapace armor and Bull Smasher from Ak'Anon.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zheddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mine actually won't be a twink. My highest level character is in the 20's. Just gonna roll him from scratch. Barrel roll and the melee stats are why I am going dwarf, well those and lowbie Kaladim questable scarab carapace armor and Bull Smasher from Ak'Anon.
In that case I'd say the way to get the most out of your guy will be AGI to 75 and the rest in STA. Honestly, other than the 75 AGI bit it's not much difference how you spend your points, so you may as well take a few extra HP as that might matter once in a while.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yeah, finally decided to just make a half elf paladin. That way I can play with my wife who made a half elf druid.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

You WILL live to regret that. How the heck are you going to even wear plate gear, let alone have weapons and loot??? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Bad idea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Half elves are really close to humans with starting stats... Did you think I said high elf?
It looks to me like dwarves are good min/max, then human or half elf depending on which flavor you want.
Closed Thread