Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Aviak

Default Enchanter Equipment on a Budget

Title says it all. My level 9 has all cloth armor, most of his spells, and about 18pp to his name. That being said, suggestions for low level equipment?

Income has been from cleaning up the "garbage" while collecting bone chips for turn in.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

There are 3 items Id suggest getting from cheapest to most expensive.

1. Crude Stien. It's 15 CHA offhand, very tough to replace. Extremely cheap infact many people will let you take one or just find someone killing ogre guards in Oggok or Feerott to get one.
2. Rod of Insidious Glamour. 12 CHA mainhand with instant Clicky alliance. Good stats, and at level 30 this is your way of instantly refreshing spell gems. Something that is crucial for enchanter play. Being able to do this allows you to cast level 20 stun, click Rod to instant refresh and cast a Beguile before stun ends. Without the removal of global cool down (GCD), you would have to Mez and then charm. Just as one example. You will see this has so many uses. Costs about 600-700, but at around 30 you can probably quest it yourself.
3. Goblin Gazughi Ring. Costs 4-5k. But it is worth every platinum. Being able to break charm in an instant is invaluable for solo/duoing while charming. Even though this is off on the horizon for you it's worth mentioning.

Beyond that, enchanters are rather independent of gear. Getting two 55HP Rings can help survivability a tad. It's worth the 500 plat, but only after you have the above items IMO.

Other than that, chanter CHA gear is pretty cheap. 9 CHA neck is about 100, two 7 CHA bracers is about 50~. Robe of Ishva is probably 800ish right now.

Not too much gear you need before the 30s. Grabbing a crude stein would be nice thougj. Beyond that get your important spells and save up for the clickies mentioned, and some base CHA gear.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Does the Goblin Gazughi Ring break all charm effects, or only animals?
Old 01-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Gazughi breaks any charm.

You can quest your own rod of insidious glamour in your 20s iirc. In the meantime, see if you can find a kindly gnome to tinker you up a spyglass. They commonly sell for ~75-100pp each in EC, but the mats costs ~25pp and it trivials pretty early. I'm sure someone would be happy to help out a new player.

It doesn't have the stats of rod of insidious glamour, but you can click it from your inventory. make a hotkey to it in an inventory slot (not bagged), and bind that to a key that's within easy reach, like spacebar (hit it with your thumb). You can resell it when you get your rod, or save it for another character.

Hitting it will end an ongoing global cooldown except for the spell you just cast, unless that spell is in the top gem slot. That'll make more sense when you try it.

But yeah, crude stein, spyglass, 9 cha neck, 2x 7 cha bracers is a good, cheap start.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the Goblin Gazughi Ring break all charm effects, or only animals?
any kind of invis breaks charm / kills pets.

If you don't have the goblin ring you can use IVU to break charm if you prefer it to invis.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:22 AM
Sarnak

What about the Stein of Moggok? It's not got any Cha on it, but the +10 Int is not bad and it is basically Enchanter-only due to the quest. As long as you are not trying to melee, it also makes a nice main-hand companion to the Crude Stein for that all-important bar-fly look and comes with three charges of Light Healing.

Even if you don't keep it, the wiki shows it selling for over 300pp in EC, which will help you afford your Cha gear.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3. Goblin Gazughi Ring. Costs 4-5k. But it is worth every platinum. Being able to break charm in an instant is invaluable for solo/duoing while charming. Even though this is off on the horizon for you it's worth mentioning.
Firstly the OP has 18pp to his name, none of that list is going to help him straight off. Running the Stein of Moggok quest will however, or selling CB belts if going high elf/gnome,

Alternatively, save 4-5k and roll a dark elf, hit hide to break charm (sure, it doesn't work every time, but it works often) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

25 cha/5 int if so ^^
Old 01-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Kobold

I rolled a DE chanter - this is my gear plan for cheap-ish gear at level 45. I have most of it on red. That'll get you to 160 CHA + the 40 CHA buff to 200.

* Neck: Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace
* Head: Siryn Hair Hood
* Ears1: Ivandyr's Hoop
* Ears2: Golden Black Sapphire Earring
* Face: Incandescent Mask
* Chest: Tolapumj's Robe
* Arms: Hollowed Bone Bracers
* Back: Cloak of Shadows
* Waist: Braided Cinch Cord
* Shoulders: Embroidered Black Cape
* Wrists1: Golden Cat Eye Bracelet
* Wrists2: Symbol of Loyalty to Vox
* Legs: Loam Encrusted Pantaloons
* Hands: Incandescent Gloves
* Fingers1: Platinum Fire Wedding Ring
* Fingers2: Platinum Fire Wedding Ring
* Feet: Loam Encrusted Lined Shoes

* Primary: Rod of Insidious Glamour
* Secondary: Crude Stein
* Range: Idol of the Thorned
* Ammo:

* Inv1: Incandescent Wand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Holo has more than enough for velious at this point...in case you do care, continuing to accept anything with a pulse actually is hurting the server now.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

I didn't have a Gazughi til around 55, and I never had any issues soloing.

@OP, 2 HP rings, crude stein, and some cheap cha bracers/ears should be your first priority.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't have a Gazughi til around 55, and I never had any issues soloing.

@OP, 2 HP rings, crude stein, and some cheap cha bracers/ears should be your first priority.
This.

My last piece of cloth was replaced at level 54 on my enchanter. Sure, gear is nice but 200cha cheaply should be the priority.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread