Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:32 PM
Kobold

Default Soloing level 53 Warrior

Ogre Warrior
No Fungi, no ToD no Bloodpoints

Some planes gear and some really bad low level crap. No haste item.

What is a road map for me as far as prioritizing what I should save for and where I should go?

I need advice! Please advise.

Zog
Old 10-25-2017, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Let's start with what you do have, hows your dex? What is your budget?

ToD, BP's and fungi are pretty important if you want to have steady xp and limited downtime. if you don't have a fungi or invigorate bp, you'd be better off duoing with a shaman or druid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:18 PM
Kobold

Dex is 109. I've got some quests I am finishing up that should bump it to 130 ish

Budget isn't too much, I think I'd be able to scrape up for an fbss a ToD and some Bloodpoints. Also nearing 54
Old 10-25-2017, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

i twinked my war with fungi/cof/thurg armor and i still find soloing at 52+ too slow compared to groups, but if solo is your only way..here is what i recommend by order of important

(1) HP regen/heal - Cobalt bp/Fungi: Reason, these are assets that can be sold later on for very little loss in value; Since you are on limited budget i say Cobalt first because it's faster to obtain for being cheaper, and it heals more when you are not in battle.

(2) bloodpoint/trunch doom - More heal, and able to slow the mob

(3) Haste - I put this 3rd because you are looking to solo - It costs too much for a decent haste and you have other priorities.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

You can probably be successful with ToD and bloodpoints doing old world content and plenty of aids. You have the 100 dex benchmark so maybe just some haste when you can afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:01 AM
Fire Giant

Use evasive every time it is up while you are tanking - don't save it.

Also, get a Silken Whip of Ensaring and snare every mob you fight. That way you can control when you take damage. With a bow and a 2h you can even joust with crippling blows at 40% health. Snare is really the key though. If you want to solo I'd go Blood Points > Truncheon of Doom > Haste > Regen.

Check out this post for a detailed description. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...58&postcount=3
Old 10-26-2017, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

You will have a hard time with no haste. If soloing is something you really want to do is prioritize any haste (2-4K) > blood points (2k each) > truncheon of doom. This assumes you have a 200p snare whip.

Have you been keeping you bind wound up? If not - start binding.

Even with good gear solo on a warrior is slow. It's something to do while you actively seek out a partner or group. It's possible after 50 but slows down a lot - especially without critical items like fungi, strong haste, blood points and truncheon.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-26-2017, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Get a metric tonne of bandages.

Find a nice corner where you can fight mobs near a zoneline where they won't run away.

I suggest the bats zoneline in SolB. 53 is probably the best level to do this as a warrior.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It slows down at 54, requiring approx. 400 kills.

------------

As well as bandages, I suggest a belt of concordance. This is a rot at basically every sky raid ever. Take a look at the Plane of Sky Rotation, send tells to the relevant forces before they start. Most forces are happy to let a tagger-on pick up rotting haste belts. Maybe donate a cloudy stone of veeshan (or plat equivalent) to the wizard porting as a show of good will.

On the rotquest game, a second easily attainable rot is Trochilic's Skean. Keep tabs on /who all steamfont. If you see a very high level druid then he may be killing Renux, especially if he is partnered with a rogue. Most people doing this fight will let you take this no-drop item for free (if you can find a druid port there before it rots).

It is an excellent weapon for soloing, as not only does it have a passable ratio, it also has a proc with a very long duration stun (vastly cutting down your incoming damage). The icing on the cake is it also creates huge aggro for should you group.
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-26-2017 at 02:49 AM..
Old 10-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Kobold

It looks like at minimum I need Bloodpoints, a ToD and a whip for very slow xp. If I ad a Fungi and a Cobalt BP I can kick it up a notch, but not as good as group.

It's tough, I have a hard time getting groups, so this is something I'd like to be able to do during downtime. I will look into that technique Naethyn, it looks like a challenge.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre Warrior
No Fungi, no ToD no Bloodpoints

Some planes gear and some really bad low level crap. No haste item.

What is a road map for me as far as prioritizing what I should save for and where I should go?

I need advice! Please advise.

Zog
go to karnors castle until upper 50s , then go to sebilis until 60 ....you have no hope of soloing efficiently

if you have a guild maybe you can put together some expeditions to chardok / the hole ....velks if you want a change of pace but chardok / the hole better exp
Closed Thread