Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Default Classic EQ didn't allow names with triple letters...right?

I recently saw a character named Fxaaaaaaaaa or something similar. As I recall, EQ wouldn't let you create a character with triple letters in its name, such as "aaa" or "xxx" or any of the same letter three times in a row.

1. Does anyone else remember whether this is true? It's possible I'm simply wrong and I somehow imagined it. Maybe I tried to make a character called Braaad (for example), but someone had already used that name, and I assumed it was due to the triple letter.

2. Is there any way to verify whether this was the case in classic? A quick Google revealed no results. I doubt anyone would have written about this on their Everquest blog. Perhaps by searching an extensive list of verified classic names, we could deduce the truth. Does such a list exist?

3. Would P99 ever adopt the same restriction if evidence were found? I heard there were literally over a million characters here. I don't know why we haven't already run out of names.