Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-10-2023, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive been playing my warrior at the DS camp lately and everytime i play him i remember why warriors are an absolutely horrible class
Yes, for DS lol.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can out damage a magician in group using this sustained 5dps strategy.
Sadly my level 60 warrior ok to mediumly raid geared cannot out dps my 60 group geared mage and pet.

What tricks do you suggest?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-10-2023, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly my level 60 warrior ok to mediumly raid geared cannot out dps my 60 group geared mage and pet.

What tricks do you suggest?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Group with eueomum mages in KC that don’t send pet in til 70%.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-10-2023, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, for DS lol.
Doing meh damage while not being able to get a proc to pull aggro

Useless
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-12-2023, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm counting 2 button presses and 6 mouse clicks, which is around 240 APM. That's doable, but at StarCraft professional levels to sustain.
Starcraft players are constantly moving their mouse long distances across the screen. This weapon swapping just requires clicking in the same tiny triangle over and over. Tedious, but mechanically much easier.

Someone should look into programming a macro. Shouldn't be hard to create one for this function. AutoHotkey, etc.
Old 11-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone should look into programming a macro. Shouldn't be hard to create one for this function. AutoHotkey, etc.
I dont think this is possible using the macro system integrated by the original devs. Anything using external software, whether linked to an auxiliary device (keyboard/mouse) or not, is a bannable offense.

Lots of bards got permabanned years back for this same crap. Unfortunately some of the most "elite raiders" have allegedly scripted and cheated for years but apparently they are smarter than the average basic bard (even if barely).

My opinion is that this via manual control is just it's not a sustainable method even if done properly (which is difficult). Any error and you are missing MH swings and losing massive dps. It's just better to level up a bane wizard or re-roll a rogue.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-12-2023 at 12:40 PM..
Old 11-12-2023, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

I found my client has pretty bad click detection, especially when executed in quick succession. I wouldn't trust it for this task. I'd trust automation even less!

Maybe if someone had hacked /band back in...

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starcraft players are constantly moving their mouse long distances across the screen. This weapon swapping just requires clicking in the same tiny triangle over and over. Tedious, but mechanically much easier.

You still have to accurately click points on screen. Starcraft players also have a higher number of keypresses and there are plenty of mouse clicks that are close together while microing fights.

240 APM is possible, but extremely aggressive. Very few people are going to be able to do this successfully.

I do suspect that if you can do this very well the impact is moderate, not trivial. From what I remember, Jayya's offhand is about 25 dps, and as long as you can get a high delay offhander with good ratio (Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn maybe?) you can probably add ~20 dps if you never screw up. I just don't think most people can do this.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Nobody is trying to play EQ like a SC2 pro lmao.
Old 11-13-2023, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ive been playing my warrior at the DS camp lately and everytime i play him i remember why warriors are an absolutely horrible class
i cant really disagree more with this. if you have a 60 warrior with all the bells and whistles, it is insane what they can do. i did the solo artist grandmaster challenge without using a single wort pot click or reaper charge... that included killing solo killing a cliff golem, a black reaver, king tranix, magi rokyl, warlord skarlan, mortiferous protector.

i was able to deal with the pathing mob you have to keep down to hold the DS camp mostly no problem with only self buffs. trunch of doom + primal + sword of rile + fungi + 41 haste + eyepatch haste + evasive on cooldown is nasty.

can you do what a solo enchanter, shaman, or necro can do? maybe not, but you can do a lot they cant do, and unless you are by yourself, you can make the survivability of any group go up massively. it is comparably casual too, instead of dealing with pet breaks and crit resists.