Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-13-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Just trunch, runedblade,evasive,30% haste was crazy on my green war. Can’t imagine what the full kit including DS would be like. Did you upload any vids?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-13-2023, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i cant really disagree more with this. if you have a 60 warrior with all the bells and whistles, it is insane what they can do. i did the solo artist grandmaster challenge without using a single wort pot click or reaper charge... that included killing solo killing a cliff golem, a black reaver, king tranix, magi rokyl, warlord skarlan, mortiferous protector.

i was able to deal with the pathing mob you have to keep down to hold the DS camp mostly no problem with only self buffs. trunch of doom + primal + sword of rile + fungi + 41 haste + eyepatch haste + evasive on cooldown is nasty.

can you do what a solo enchanter, shaman, or necro can do? maybe not, but you can do a lot they cant do, and unless you are by yourself, you can make the survivability of any group go up massively. it is comparably casual too, instead of dealing with pet breaks and crit resists.
Bro I almost can't think of 1 singular thing my enchanter can't do that a warrior could. My enchanter would unironically be a better group tank even

There is nothing nasty about the warrior you described
You're basically flexing being able to kill 1 slowed blue mob and all you need is like 9 specific pieces of gear and popping evasive (read: immunity to blue mobs)
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-13-2023, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just trunch, runedblade,evasive,30% haste was crazy on my green war. Can’t imagine what the full kit including DS would be like. Did you upload any vids?
Do you unironically want to watch a video of him auto attacking a mob
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Old 11-13-2023, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you unironically want to watch a video of him auto attacking a mob
I mean the only difference to playing my own warrior is i’m pressing the play button instead of the auto attack button x

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-13-2023, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i cant really disagree more with this. if you have a 60 warrior with all the bells and whistles, it is insane what they can do. i did the solo artist grandmaster challenge without using a single wort pot click or reaper charge... that included killing solo killing a cliff golem, a black reaver, king tranix, magi rokyl, warlord skarlan, mortiferous protector.

i was able to deal with the pathing mob you have to keep down to hold the DS camp mostly no problem with only self buffs. trunch of doom + primal + sword of rile + fungi + 41 haste + eyepatch haste + evasive on cooldown is nasty.

can you do what a solo enchanter, shaman, or necro can do? maybe not, but you can do a lot they cant do, and unless you are by yourself, you can make the survivability of any group go up massively. it is comparably casual too, instead of dealing with pet breaks and crit resists.
lol ok bub
Old 11-13-2023, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol ok bub
i mean i have a decked out 60 enchanter and its great. def the best at solo/group content in the game (short of shaman or necro for some specific encounters). that said, youre just one crit resist and one charm break away from getting owned and having a problematic CR. thats just what its like when you play the high risk high reward playstyle of an enchanter.

take the DS camp for instance. as an enchanter you can solo it. that said, most people trying have a good chance of getting a crit resist and dying. even with a 60 cleric, there is a non-zero chance of a bad crit resist when you paci the room and you end up getting owned. by comparison a 60 warrior with a 60 shaman can likely agro that whole room and just root, slow, kill it without much problem.

hell even as a decked out enchanter you need to preslow a green mob just to hammer without it killing you. meanwhile a 60 warrior can ot hammer off juggs without breaking a sweat.

im not pretending a warrior is better at soloing than an enchanter. saying they are "an absolutely horrible class" is such a bad take its laughable. when i camped DS for a month i only used my enchanter when we didnt have a monk/necro to pull. otherwise it was a way easier/more chill camp to do with a warrior and literally anyone else.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

So warrior being enabled by a good class makes it good
Fair enough
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Old 11-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

how about this. in almost every scenario in which i am camping with another individual, id almost prefer to use my warrior. it means it will probably be easier for all involved. is it MORE capable than what a solo enchanter can do? no, but its WAY more certain, and way more relaxed.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Yea bud you can’t say warriors kickass solo then say you’d take them with a sham over a solo enchanter lol.

If we’re talking like playing pure duo still don’t see the warrior value. Better off with sk/monk. Or better yet, just go enc/cleric.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
how about this. in almost every scenario in which i am camping with another individual, id almost prefer to use my warrior. it means it will probably be easier for all involved. is it MORE capable than what a solo enchanter can do? no, but its WAY more certain, and way more relaxed.
Actually a crit resist, your just going to direct ae mez the whole train coming. Then root, mez and everything down. You can target and lull from all the way around the hall.

You bragging about clearing the hallway roamer? lol
A monk can keep the whole camp down solo.