Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-13-2023, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think this is possible using the macro system integrated by the original devs. Anything using external software, whether linked to an auxiliary device (keyboard/mouse) or not, is a bannable offense.

Lots of bards got permabanned years back for this same crap. Unfortunately some of the most "elite raiders" have allegedly scripted and cheated for years but apparently they are smarter than the average basic bard (even if barely).
Not sure what the Bard thing was but it sounds like more of a noticeable automated thing. I highly doubt melee weapon swapping assist would be punished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do suspect that if you can do this very well the impact is moderate, not trivial. From what I remember, Jayya's offhand is about 25 dps, and as long as you can get [a high damage offhand with correct delay timer] (Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn) you can probably add ~20 dps if you never screw up.
Yes, exactly.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

The long and short of it is that warriors are basically just not good at soloing, grouping, have no utility and are gear dependant amongst the worst of them.

When I play a warrior I feel like I'm losing in every conceivable way and rogue is the only class I feel compares to how tragic it is

I made an epic warrior and thought I just didn't like the race choice I made. Rerolled as dark elf , got another set of epics and it wasn't even worth the journey to 60
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-13-2023, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The long and short of it is that warriors are basically just not good at soloing, grouping, have no utility and are gear dependant amongst the worst of them.

When I play a warrior I feel like I'm losing in every conceivable way and rogue is the only class I feel compares to how tragic it is

I made an epic warrior and thought I just didn't like the race choice I made. Rerolled as dark elf , got another set of epics and it wasn't even worth the journey to 60
Warriors under certain circumstances are over powered. Just many people dont want to sit in zero mode and do anything risky. A warrior in zero mode duel wielding does insane damage. This is again only a circumstance that a warrior can shine.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Hol up im about to go zero mode
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Old 11-13-2023, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is like punching yourself in the balls to predictable effect, then doing it again with the other hand while hoping for a different outcome.
Old 11-14-2023, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Same thing still matters to all group tanks. If your group members can't manage their aggro then they are just as bad as the mage everyone complains about who can't position or pull back their pet. + where is the chanter and/or bard?

HP > STA (to cap) > Weapon Ratio > STR (to cap) > Aura of Battle > AC > MR > DR > PR > CHA > DEX > Rest

There is one class that excels in the most important stats with ease.

Oh Sh!t moments happen in group.

The guy with the most HP and mitigating the damage the most - wins for the duration of time it takes to cast a successful CH or Evac

No other tank gives this confidence in group as a meat shield.

Can ranger, monk, knights tank? Sure.

Whine how easy content is and the tools of the other classes make it more fun or better aggro holders.

Rangers does serious damage, best aggro tools and has best snare. They can always find if the named is up. Content is so easy lets make them tank for days. Only no one does because their HP and mitigation sucks.

Get a warrior meat shield that also takes the least damage. Especially when you don't need or want to worry about whether CH lands in an exp group.

All this thread is doing is making Furor from Fires of Heaven have a chubby from the grave. Next we will see a thread saying monks are better raid tanks.
Old 11-14-2023, 01:20 AM
Fire Giant

dont forget haste
Old 11-14-2023, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually a crit resist, your just going to direct ae mez the whole train coming. Then root, mez and everything down. You can target and lull from all the way around the hall.

You bragging about clearing the hallway roamer? lol
A monk can keep the whole camp down solo.
im saying you can hold the camp on a warrior solo without an issue, where as single harm touch gonna eat 1/2 your hp on your solo enchanter on the hallway roamer. you also have to find something to charm. so if you log into the camp you need to paci the roamer, then paci 6 golems, then charm one, then slow/kill break pet all just for a single mob. the entire time and pet break or crit resist could likely end in your death. and ya if you get a crit resist you can just ae mezz the whole pack and hope that one of those 6 lvl 50-54 golems dont get a single resist because if they do, you probably are gonna die.

in comparison you can just log on the warrior with no buffs and kill it no problem.

the discussion wasnt about "what is the best solo class" or "what would be the best duo for this camp". it was the statement that warriors are "an absolutely horrible class"... which is patently false. if you have a geared warrior (which if you are camping DS you probably do) then they are insanely useful for raid and group content.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this thread is doing is making Furor from Fires of Heaven have a chubby from the grave. Next we will see a thread saying monks are better raid tanks.
Block is a broken skill - it routinely blocks upwards of 15% of incoming damage (compared to parry which is around 7-10%) -- so monk will take less damage than warrior with similar level gear, in a group / exp setting. (Outside of evasive, defensive disc).
Last edited by sammoHung; 11-14-2023 at 10:15 AM..
Old 11-14-2023, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same thing still matters to all group tanks. If your group members can't manage their aggro then they are just as bad as the mage everyone complains about who can't position or pull back their pet. + where is the chanter and/or bard?

HP > STA (to cap) > Weapon Ratio > STR (to cap) > Aura of Battle > AC > MR > DR > PR > CHA > DEX > Rest

There is one class that excels in the most important stats with ease.

Oh Sh!t moments happen in group.

The guy with the most HP and mitigating the damage the most - wins for the duration of time it takes to cast a successful CH or Evac

No other tank gives this confidence in group as a meat shield.

Can ranger, monk, knights tank? Sure.

Whine how easy content is and the tools of the other classes make it more fun or better aggro holders.

Rangers does serious damage, best aggro tools and has best snare. They can always find if the named is up. Content is so easy lets make them tank for days. Only no one does because their HP and mitigation sucks.

Get a warrior meat shield that also takes the least damage. Especially when you don't need or want to worry about whether CH lands in an exp group.

Warrior is the only tank that has to even worry about managing their aggro because they are so horrible at it.

Paladins and sks even get to wear a shield so they're arguably more tanky than a warrior. Warriors get evasive so yes that wins but monks pretty much have evasive full time anyway.

A warrior tank gives me the opposite of confidence. A warrior tank makes me think "okay great so I really need to be careful or I'm guaranteed to be dead because our tank couldn't hold aggro if he wanted to"

Also I don't even know what your statement about stats even means. Warriors don't get exclusive buffs or gear that other tanks could get. In fact paladins bring their 200pt hp buff ! Warriors bring nothing
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Seliel 60 Human Rogue