Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-14-2023, 12:10 PM
Kobold

Your hate against warriors is weird. They're a great group and raid class. Great.
Old 11-14-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior is the only tank that has to even worry about managing their aggro because they are so horrible at it.

Paladins and sks even get to wear a shield so they're arguably more tanky than a warrior. Warriors get evasive so yes that wins but monks pretty much have evasive full time anyway.

A warrior tank gives me the opposite of confidence. A warrior tank makes me think "okay great so I really need to be careful or I'm guaranteed to be dead because our tank couldn't hold aggro if he wanted to"

Also I don't even know what your statement about stats even means. Warriors don't get exclusive buffs or gear that other tanks could get. In fact paladins bring their 200pt hp buff ! Warriors bring nothing
Pretty much this. Majority of wipes I’ve seen are because the tank couldn’t hold aggro not because of lacking dps or mitigation. Shame we don’t have more sods floating around to help wars with that. I’d take a sk for 99% of group content. War would only be good if you’re planning to low man stuff that actually requires disc but you’re giving up a lot for those few mobs that are group able and require it.
Old 11-14-2023, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much this. Majority of wipes I’ve seen are because the tank couldn’t hold aggro not because of lacking dps or mitigation. Shame we don’t have more sods floating around to help wars with that. I’d take a sk for 99% of group content. War would only be good if you’re planning to low man stuff that actually requires disc but you’re giving up a lot for those few mobs that are group able and require it.
Sorry ya don't got warder loot
Old 11-14-2023, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your hate against warriors is weird. They're a great group and raid class. Great.
He needs to hate and make up grievances for the warrior class that has maximums in most stats suited for tanking.

-Calling out that utility and aggro is managed better by other tanks while then whining warrior hp, AC and pinch discs don't matter because an exp group isn't serious. Well then if it isn't serious then it doesn't matter if you have a ranger tank. Remember it is just an exping group -----> it is ridiculously easy.

We have seen this before. Hell, Furor threatened Sony over it and left for WoW.
(Like it wasn't going to happen anyway.)

Think about it a player who has experience, hell, he has played TWO warriors and has gotten the best gear on both.

-He knows his posts are stumbling over are half truths.

Not because he lacks experience.

But because he knows he is the worst type of player.

-A player after two warriors who has trouble tanking and is angered over it.

-A player that feels cheated after the changes to aggro.

-A player that is jealous of the knights who still are looked down on by even monks.

-A player who wants his status back. He feels betrayed and wronged. After all he worked up both warriors. Saying it was just out of stupidity ... no he had pride in his class.

-A player screaming that a Tanking position matters in an Exping group but group Exping is easy.

As others have already noted this thread isn't serious and is just plain wrong. Warriors are great for tanking in exp groups and raids.
Last edited by Botten; 11-14-2023 at 01:36 PM..
Old 11-14-2023, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior is the only tank that has to even worry about managing their aggro because they are so horrible at it.

A warrior tank gives me the opposite of confidence. A warrior tank makes me think "okay great so I really need to be careful or I'm guaranteed to be dead because our tank couldn't hold aggro if he wanted to"

Warriors don't get exclusive buffs or gear that other tanks could get. In fact paladins bring their 200pt hp buff ! Warriors bring nothing
Managing aggro is not difficult at all, the casters just need to root the MOBs and also blind if needed for summoning level MOBs.

Warriors are capable of doing far more damage than Paladins, making them superior for a group that already has the necessary pulling/survival tools. The Paladin HP buff isn't very relevant, Warriors already have more HP and disciplines. For some weird group compositions a Paladin can be better than a Warrior, but the majority of time I'm going to want a Warrior's superior DPS.
Old 11-14-2023, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Paladins and sks even get to wear a shield so they're arguably more tanky than a warrior. Warriors get evasive so yes that wins but monks pretty much have evasive full time anyway.

Also I don't even know what your statement about stats even means. Warriors don't get exclusive buffs or gear that other tanks could get. In fact paladins bring their 200pt hp buff ! Warriors bring nothing
this is such a based take.

any warrior worth his salt has no agro issues; a bag full of forlorn totems means this is a non issue.

warriors have loads of weapons that can tash, snare, root, slow, rune, avatar, generate serious threat, and do solid DPS.

they have clickies that can allow them to sow and invis themselves and others, levitate, provide damage shields, provide attack buffs, see invis, etc, etc, etc.

they have an insanely overpowered disciplines that allows them to increase their hp pool by ~30% for 3 minutes every 7 minutes.

are they better than every other tank in every scenario? no. but on the whole its not even close. this guy just doesnt know how to play a warrior.
Old 11-14-2023, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Lmao

So once again warrior is a great class as long as it has everyone else bend over backwards to support it and ensuring you farm consumables to perform the baseline role you're expected to fill

There's nothing to know about playing warrior because all you can do is farm your stupid clickies that do thing knights can do on their own and auto attack a mob and hope you proc.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by enjchanter; 11-14-2023 at 03:40 PM..
Old 11-14-2023, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Evasive is 3 mins on with only 4 mins off. Warriors should be using this every time they take damage.
Old 11-14-2023, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lmao

So once again warrior is a great class as long as it has everyone else bend over backwards to support it and ensuring you farm consumables to perform the baseline role you're expected to fill

There's nothing to know about playing warrior because all you can do is farm your stupid clickies that do thing knights can do on their own and auto attack a mob and hope you proc.
So admittedly you have these items. You got the epics and the gear.

So you are better than knights.

'nerf warriors with good gear out shining knight in easy Exp groups. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*look I did the same non-sense you did.

Now go start a third warrior.
Old 11-14-2023, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

Warrior is a lot like a mage blade in other games. We have access to more unique weapons and clicks than any other class. At the start a warrior can do very little. By the end a warrior can do just about everything.