Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:25 AM
Sarnak

Default Faction levels on wiki table

I am referring to this table on the wiki page

http://wiki.project1999.org/Faction

Apparently is not so correct on what the difference either between levels (most likely), or how much faction a given mob or quest is giving.

I now refer to what I thought was a bug, and led me to know that table is incorrect.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=98874

What I'm looking for is community input as to how far that can table possibly be. Heretic faction EVERYONE is KOS to, unless you started there. Has anyone made themselves not KOS there, and how may + heretic hits did you take to be good there? Same can be applied for people that are no longer KOS in NFP. Dark elves that got enough faction for aegis of life. Iksars that went the hard route and did sash/robe/headband quests.

I am looking for people experiences and input from people that were MAX KOS, that are no longer KOS. How many hits did they take if they could remember? For a better wiki entry.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

A guildie told me that he killed Sir Lucan in NFP just three times as an iksar SK and became non-KOS. That NPC has unusually huge faction bonuses, though. Most of the time you raise a faction it takes a lot longer.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Some thoughts:

1. There may or may not be a minimum ("max KOS") of around -2500. In theory, you could be much lower, if the server has been set that way.

2. I am unsure which, if either, of the two faction tables (descriptions -> numeric faction ranges) is accurate for p99. It should be one of them though, since they were both created on early ShowEQ (numeric factions sent) days in classic.

3. Most probably incorrect are the amount of the faction hit for each mob. I suspect these were set high in eqemu (which are the values shown on the wiki) in order that people could more easily shift their factions than they could in classic. So, you may want to divide all those numbers by 10 say (perhaps Nilbog did exactly this a long time ago).

At worse, if you see the faction hit, then you are guaranteed +1 (hopefully it is more than this!). If you could record the number of kills to go from threatening to dubious we could start to get a calibration of the p99 faction system, which up to this point has not been done.
Closed Thread