Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't Snackum's alts all lvl 60 on the same account? Like the whole account is full. Snack may be sick, but he's a pretty cool dude.
snackies is a great paradox. we must love him deeply for being so cool and normal yet also a total fucking EQ nerd.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll be happy to pass out PotG when I reach 60 as well, only because I know what a boon it can be to any class. My DAP mates seem to pass it out like hotcakes some days, which I am eternally thankful for.
You can get stuck casting POTG all day if you're not careful. Its not like sow where you can click all day and not even notice the mana.

PoTG is 1200 mana or so, which is about 40% of your mana pool with decent equipment. Even at a max typical buffed med rate (mask + potg + c2) that works out to sitting over two minutes for every cast. People will tip you 20pp or less, not even close to worth it. To top it off, a good 5%-10% of players will request the buff even if they already have a cleric HP buff, so potg wont hold.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having 10 level 60s doesn't mean sh!t on P99 because of Chardok. Level a toon to 46 and within like 48 hours you could have that character level 60.

People that never saw Chardok don't realize how broken it was. It was an alt puppy mill that churned out hundreds, if not thousands of level 60 players.

Without leashing you could basically bug the zone into training 150+ creatures to the entrance where they would get chain stunned and AoE'd by out-of-group Wizards/Chanters who would gate at 20% mob life while an ingroup wizard would finish the job. This resulted in 1 group getting XP for 150 creatures every 25minuts of so. Could gain entire levels 50+ within an hour and at worst within a couple of hours.

I think at 59 you would gain like 2.5 blue bubs per pull. That's just retarded if you have ever tried to grind 59 naturally.
Just more proof I will never have a lvl 60 on p99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Banned

i'm so glad chardok was around to help me ding 60 on filbus.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you say HP cap? No no no, don't take HP buffs, they are useless.
They can make CH more efficient.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ironically, I had just spent the last 3 hours making banded armor and buffing tunnel lowbies on my druid prior to logging on my lvl 5 necro to XP a little bit before bed.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Big shout out to Bouffalo who sowed and gave regens to anyone who asked and didn't turn into a melted puddle of dumb. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, if sitting on the tunnel floor is "busy," then yes this caster was really busy.
I'm Bouff , you are most welcome. I try to pitch in and help here and there, as many of the good people on P99 have done to me as well.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
run along back to your own backfire thread.
At least I only have ONE backfire thread, you've got like half the forum.

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 01-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm Bouff , you are most welcome. I try to pitch in and help here and there, as many of the good people on P99 have done to me as well.
Heya man. Thanks for being helpful to the lowbies even though you do get bombarded by tells for buffs especially when in the tunnel.

It's appreciated, even by veterans like myself on a newly created alt lowbie. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Sarnak

I agree with OP. I wouldn't have included the guy's name though.

Only thing that bothers me about people asking me for buffs is

1) Lazy requests (ie: Sow plz dude)
2) Not saying thank you afterwards or a lazy thank you such as 'tnx'. Too much effort to write out 'thanks'?
Old 01-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

People have a right to decline, obviously. It's about the way that he did it. Sounded like a stern lecture given by a guy with a stick up his anus.
Closed Thread