Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am very upset. Dude I love my EC orcs, don't tell me where to level at I play EQ my way and I buff all lowbies who ask without expecting plats.
What you do in game matters more than forum quest! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is kind of hard for me to fathom. Being a druid myself, I can't think of a single time I've turned anyone away who has asked for a buff. The only exception being maybe when I was already porting out with a fare in hand.

I'll be happy to pass out PotG when I reach 60 as well, only because I know what a boon it can be to any class. My DAP mates seem to pass it out like hotcakes some days, which I am eternally thankful for.

I get the annoyance of constantly being asked for buffs, but if you're in the EC tunnel just sitting on your ass and reading /auction like it's some sort of stock market graph, you can probably spare a couple seconds to type /target <name> and press the "4" or "5" button on your keyboard.
Exactly. ^

I been on this server off and on for 5 years, and even when it might annoy me a tad I realize where I am at and what class I am on and never refuse to buff someone or expect a tip.

I realize everyone is different, but this dude was asinine.

***Most people chiming in support of not buffing lowbies have a personal distaste of me so they aint being objective here. Love you elf pals! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I been on this server off and on for 5 years
What's your first forum handle?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

I was once afk after being askd for buffs and the kid sent a follow up request. Still afk of course so no reply. The next message was him calling me a scumbag for not buffing him lol.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Aviak

The ONLY buff I ever ask for is a SOW. I don't even ask for buffs in groups.

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 01-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your first forum handle?
Here's what happened as best as I can explain it.

My first round of playing on P99, I never verified my account on the forums via email I just logged in and played. I would try to post, but it always said contact admin or something similar to that.

I then left and started playing SWTOR.

I then returned to P99 some significant time later, found I still couldn't log in so I finally decided I had to be a part of this awesome community and the only way to do it was to be able to post on the forums.

I lost the old email that was originally sent and was told that I would have to create a new account with a new email for the forums, and that's when Lhancelot was created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you do in game matters more than forum quest! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's true.

I mean sometimes forumquesting can be serious, but typically people tend to show their asses more here and that makes me want to slap them with trollings.

In the game, people behave subdued, you know, reputations and all.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am very upset. Dude I love my EC orcs, don't tell me where to level at I play EQ my way and I buff all lowbies who ask without expecting plats.
Then don't get upset at people who play EQ their way...

the guy isnt friendly to randoms. he doesn't know you, you may be a bad person. theres hundreds of reasons

don't be a hypocrite
Old 01-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then don't get upset at people who play EQ their way...

the guy isnt friendly to randoms. he doesn't know you, you may be a bad person. theres hundreds of reasons

don't be a hypocrite
He is a greedy asshole that expects lvl 4s and 5s to plop plats into his window to cast Clarity. That is being asinine and he is wrong for being that way.

I am upset that lowbies have to go through this. they deserve better dude.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone needs to lay off Lhancelot; if he didn't twenty box a bunch of level 5-20 toons the low end game would be dead!
Old 01-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Banned

good god lhancelot you're a fucking loser..
Closed Thread