Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Default The Patriot Way? Report: Belichick and Kraft feud resulted in Jimmy G trade!

There you have it. It's finally mainstream news fodder. Bill had hours long meetings with Brady separate from then with Kraft. Brady wanted another long term contract, Bill did not agree with that. Kraft sided with Brady, and Bill then felt dehumanized and humiliated.

Seeing that Jimmy Garoppalo had to go, Bill made a call to the 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan who's father Mike had defended Bill during Spygate to offer Jimmy G to his longtime allies for a paltry second round draft pick.

Associates of Bill say he secretly takes pride in seeing Jimmy G go 5 and 0 since being traded to the awful 49ers team.

Robert Kraft has admitted he may have made a mistake not listening to Bill and keeping Jimmy G as the future of the Patriots instead of the 40+ year old Tom Brady who shows signs of decline at this stage in his life.

ESPN report: Bill Belichick didn't want to trade Jimmy Garoppolo; Tom Brady 'won'

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...power-struggle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

The cult of TB12 is forming, lol. Brady's ego is finally showing through.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cult of TB12 is forming, lol. Brady's ego is finally showing through.
Haha. Good point. "Cult," that got me thinking you might just be onto something here.

What's next, Bill leaving and TB12 taking over?
Quote:
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Jesus I hate the media

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus I hate the media
I distrust the media, but don't hate it. I just chalk it up as another form of entertainment tbh.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha. Good point. "Cult," that got me thinking you might just be onto something here.

What's next, Bill leaving and TB12 taking over?
Maybe as a health guru with his trainer. I doubt there will be only one TB12 methodology book.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I distrust the media, but don't hate it. I just chalk it up as another form of entertainment tbh.
I hate them.

Robert Kraft owns the Patriots. He can do whatever the fuck he wants with them. Belichick is just a coach. He's one of the best, but still just a coach. Maybe that's forgotten? And instead of praising this dynamic duo (Brady and Belichik) for their success the past 2 decades, they're attempting to (and will fail) dismantle a legendary legacy.

I'm sure Belichik sincerely cares about the future of the Patriots. And Robert Kraft will have to live with the decision he made, if he feels he made a mistake. Belichik isn't going anywhere because of some tough decisions. And this legacy won't be tarnished over some petty drama and people just wanting to say I told you so.

Edit: And I'm not even a Pats fan.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Last edited by Mead; 01-05-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Old 01-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate them.

Robert Kraft owns the Patriots. He can do whatever the fuck he wants with them. Belichick is just a coach. He's one of the best, but still just a coach. Maybe that's forgotten? And instead of praising this dynamic duo (Brady and Belichik) for their success the past 2 decades, they're attempting to (and will fail) dismantle a legendary legacy.

I'm sure Belichik sincerely cares about the future of the Patriots. And Robert Kraft will have to live with the decision he made, if he feels he made a mistake. Belichik isn't going anywhere because of some tough decisions. And this legacy won't be tarnished over some petty drama and people just wanting to say I told you so.

Edit: And I'm not even a Pats fan.
Not a pats fan either. It seems pretty shortsighted though on someone's part to let JG go for such a cheap price. That or...

I mean Bill aint stupid. That was done purposefully, gave away what appears to be a highly skilled franchise QB for a second round draft pick.

Curious to see what happens to the Pats when Brady retires. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Old 01-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not a pats fan either. It seems pretty shortsighted though on someone's part to let JG go for such a cheap price. That or...

I mean Bill aint stupid. That was done purposefully, gave away what appears to be a highly skilled franchise QB for a second round draft pick.

Curious to see what happens to the Pats when Brady retires. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its obvious Bill did that to spite Kraft in a "sure thing we'll drop jimmy G then, brady is the man!" way. He wasn't going to overvalue him when Kraft just said hes basically not relevant during talks. It was bill mock-agreeing with Kraft about the future of the team.

he bitter af

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And this legacy won't be tarnished over some petty drama and people just wanting to say I told you so.
This legacy already includes Spygate and the less concerning Deflategate scandals. Spygate is as bad as it gets, really, and there are claims as far as back their first Super Bowl win against the Rams that they had filmed their opponent's practices. A great many people outside New England already consider this legacy compromised, and a wise man knows it's impossible to further tarnish a turd.

Quote:
It seems pretty shortsighted though on someone's part to let JG go for such a cheap price.
A second round pick is a STEAL for an unproven career back-up who's trapped behind the GOAT, even if he is devastatingly handsome. And I mean, sure, he's going to the hall-of-fame if the vote were today, but we're still talking about a sample size of five games here. The Patriots' real advantage over the past 15+ years is their non-sentimental pragmatism; their willingness to cut ties with a player while that player's value is maximized. Taken in that context, the Jimmy GQ trade is the epitome of "The Patriot Way."
Closed Thread