Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default Is this suspicious?

4-5 years ago I'd met a dude on P99 who I became buddies with. Added him to list as usual. We chatted about all kinds of things, and one thing he liked doing was Jboots MQs, this was what he did for fun. At one point he was up to having done 70+ MQs!

I left game, went to SWTOR for about 2 years, came back and (not surprisingly) found many of the people who I had befriended no longer playing, including this individual.

A few months ago I began chatting with some random dude in EC and we reminisced about players we knew, and the Jboots guy was someone he was familiar with. He told me the guy had gotten ill, and had health problems then quit P99. Of course I was sad to hear this, but understand it happens.

Well, 2 days ago as I was checking my friends list, I see Jboots MQ dude on! I sent him a tell, happy to see him logged in only to be told that it was a different man on the toon, and that he had been friends with the original Jboots guy but thought he was now playing on Live. he also said it had been years since he last talked to him.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement.

Am I paranoid thinking this is odd, or do people hand over accounts, especially accounts that have not been active literally for years?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:39 AM
Banned

Pretty common TBH
Old 01-27-2018, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty common TBH

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

Secondtonone? I sent him a tell and it wasnt him =(
Old 01-27-2018, 01:55 AM
Banned

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=117494
Old 01-27-2018, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

I find this type of thing occurs most often among higher-end players because they have a tendency to share account info. Most the lower-end players I know, when they quit playing their characters tend to stay gone. On the other hand, if one of my friends in higher-end guilds takes a long break, when I eventually see the character again I never assume it's the same person until proven so.

Danth
Old 01-27-2018, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

I have access to about 10 loaded accounts from people I've raided with for a long time and still remain friends with. Most of us have quit but the account info is still the same.

Happens.

Not everyone is RMTing.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secondtonone? I sent him a tell and it wasnt him =(
This was who it was! I was sad when I sent tell and it was not him. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some guy told me Secondtonone had become ill, and quit p99 so when I seen this character on I was elated and hoping it was him and that he was doing better.

I liked him a lot he was a good guy, older player too. Oh well, guess I can chalk it up as a lost pal.

I was dumb my first time on p99, I made a few friends but did not get emails before I took break from it. I came back, and they were gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-27-2018, 04:51 AM
Orc

Have you tried asking about him on the P99 Facebook group?

Luckily I've reconnected on social media with some of the cool people I lost touch with from Live, usually through mutual friends I did keep in contact with.

And someone I friended on FB just because I was enjoying talking to them on a mutual friend's posts turned out to be a very good old friend from Brell. We never knew each other's RL names, and we were friends on FB for a month before we realized it!

So just by being a social media whore I've reconnected with a lot of my friends from back in the day. Though sadly, some of the people I knew really well have passed.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:09 AM
Sarnak

Breakups are hard
Closed Thread