Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 07-30-2022, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it doesn't help if you want to use one. But from my experience at least I don't need to cast spells that fast to pull agro. Typically if I am in a group and someone keeps pulling agro while you are spamming Disease Cloud, the problem is the group member hehe, not your casting speed.
We're more or less on the same page, yeah. You can definitely get by without, hence me also agreeing there's little point in getting one until you get one that does a junk buff along with it. However there's something to be said for being able to tell your groupmates to play however they enjoy without regard for aggro generation. Like the GCD makes it easier to get in three aggro spells in the time a shaman can do malo/slow since the shaman I mostly duo with is casting those spells (and damage spells often enough) as soon as the target's in range. It's by no means a required item, just something that lets everyone play a little looser.
Old 07-31-2022, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're more or less on the same page, yeah. You can definitely get by without, hence me also agreeing there's little point in getting one until you get one that does a junk buff along with it. However there's something to be said for being able to tell your groupmates to play however they enjoy without regard for aggro generation. Like the GCD makes it easier to get in three aggro spells in the time a shaman can do malo/slow since the shaman I mostly duo with is casting those spells (and damage spells often enough) as soon as the target's in range. It's by no means a required item, just something that lets everyone play a little looser.
Agreed!
Old 07-31-2022, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

I usually have 3 different configurations for groups, depending on the severity of their ability to pull agro.

My first configuration is https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient...ched_Flamberge and no GCD item. If I can pull that off in a group, I can maximize my DPS and tankiness.

If that isn't working, my second configuration is to switch to https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostwrath + https://wiki.project1999.com/Shield_of_Midnight for more melee hit agro.

If that still isn't enough, I'll equip a GCD item to increase spell speed. I rarely need to do this.
Old 07-31-2022, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually have 3 different configurations for groups, depending on the severity of their ability to pull agro.

My first configuration is https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient...ched_Flamberge and no GCD item. If I can pull that off in a group, I can maximize my DPS and tankiness.

If that isn't working, my second configuration is to switch to https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostwrath + https://wiki.project1999.com/Shield_of_Midnight for more melee hit agro.

If that still isn't enough, I'll equip a GCD item to increase spell speed. I rarely need to do this.
Paladin better
Old 07-31-2022, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin better
It depends on the situation. SK's are better for pulling and soloing anything that can be feared. Paladins are better when you can't fear/stun mobs.
Old 07-31-2022, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It depends on the situation. SK's are better for pulling and soloing anything that can be feared. Paladins are better when you can't fear/stun mobs.
We get it you plan a sk
Old 07-31-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We get it you plan a sk
We get it, you don't want to actually contribute and just troll lol.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We get it you play a sk
Old 07-31-2022, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We get it, you don't want to actually contribute and just troll lol.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

you always have to be last to respond i see