Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Wink Heretic faction and or default faction, not raised properly

First off my character is a human cleric of bertoxxulous, and I wanted to get those nifty human cleric items in paineel. I conned a scowls to attack to the guards, having never lowering my heretic faction once in game. By default I went under the assumption that I was at MAX KOS at paineel to make my calculations easier on myself. I used both charts on this wiki page to give me a rough guesstimate on how long this will take,

http://wiki.project1999.org/Faction

I proceeded to kill this guy for my faction hits. http://wiki.project1999.org/Yelesom_Paust

According to my understanding of how the faction works, every time I killed this guy I would gain +10 heretic faction. So I killed Yelesom Paust 150 times, and did a faction check back in paineel. After 150 kills I was at "threateningly" level. Which I figured to be about correct, myself being at a total of -1000 faction level with the heretics, if I was at max KOS. -2500 + (150 * 10) etc.

Now that I knew I was at threateningly zone, I wanted to get to amiable. I would need to move 1000 faction to get to indifferent and at least 150 to get to amiable. 1150 / 10, so at least minimum 115 kills more till I'm good in paineel. I then proceeded kill Yelesom Paust 125 more times, just to make sure I was good and in the amiable zone.

I did another faction check in paineel, only to find that I am still in the "threateningly" faction zone, after a total of + 275 faction hits for heretics. This should have landed me in the amiable zone.

Is there something wrong with this chart? My understanding that I was getting +10 faction ever time I got + heretic faction? Or is heretic faction completely bugged and wasn't fixed properly from when anyone could just walk into paineel?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there something wrong with this chart?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding that I was getting +10 faction ever time I got + heretic faction?
No. Now, if this fellow should give 10 heretic faction points per death i'd need to see evidence for that.

Please remember that the wiki is player created.