Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

P99 is at an all time high with weekly unique logins. Meaning more people than ever are finding time to log onto P99 and play classic everquest. blue is still alive and kicking, green is highly populated, red is on life support.

I recently had two separate people tell me about how the community in game is far more positive and friendly. Minus some obvious misunderstandings. Most of the bitter vets have moved on and there is a ton of new fresh blood on the server(s).

Poopsocking is part of what keeps the population high on P99, love it or hate it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-31-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Old 05-31-2020, 10:06 PM
Orc

I just started back up on Blue again last weekend and I've experienced nothing but kind and friendly players in that short period of time. I never made it far enough to get into the raid scene (and had no desire to) when the server first opened up but I have the same recollection of elitist mentality that permeated the forums and the game itself but I don't get that anymore. I'm hoping I don't find otherwise the longer I play.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Since I posted, I fired up some Green toons. I got my customary pally to 15 and a HFL DRU to 20.

The attitude of players is fantastic, warm and welcoming. Until you get out into the "teens" zones. It's still good, but you begin running into more players who'd rather do anything but stop and type out sentences.

Something that really strikes me now, more than any time I ever played EverQuest, is that the world is just too cramped, even with a small population. 800 people on? What you want is camped. Even if it's just Dorn in NRO. Camped. Already.

It's like the majority of this game is trying to find something that gives xp in an outdoor zone, because... everything else already has a structured camp around it.

This is the way it's always been... I don't know why I'm noticing it so hard this time. I guess I used to be way more comfortable with completely and utterly wasting my time. If I travel to a camp and it's taken, poof there went my investment of time. In the past, I'd say eff it and go swimming, or goof around in the world. Seems this time, if I can't make some progress, no matter how small... I get frustrated quickly.

I feel like Danny Glover. I'm gettin' too ol'fuh dis'shit.

At least this time, I get to burn out on what the game actually is rather than the people playing it. That is an astounding improvement.

Maybe I'll see some of you in the Green world. Cheers.