Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 08:41 PM
Kobold

p99 blue could use more scheduled raids like Sky/Hate farms/HoT etc

These are the bread and butter of non top-tier guilds, and benefit everyone. There are no downsides.

Sky's multi level system is good, but the temp keying is stupid.

A new sky-like multi-level raid like Sky but with permanent keys would be amazing custom constant. It could be challenging content with sky-like quests that fills in the gaps in some of the gear in velious. For example, for warriors: a decent aggro weapon (all the velious aggro weaps are bad), a decent neck (the flurry neck for warriors is complete trash), a 41% haste item (the sky 41% warrior haste is ridiculously rare, and has trash stats). I'm not as familiar with other classes for gaps in gear, but that's the idea.

Maybe someday.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:19 AM
Kobold

I always felt like PoP zones would be great for custom content. Grummus, MB, Terris are already basically tuned to Ntov in both loot and difficulty.

Zones could be added any number of ways. I'm not feeling that creative.

Maybe burrower parasite event could be added to WW. Kind of fits with the ice burrower theme and is considered on AoW lefel
Old 05-28-2020, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom content is pretty hard to do. Anything for low to mid tier that produces any kind of value would just be constantly camped for months. Higher tier things like raids would have hundreds of fully geared players showing up for and lead to drama. This is one of the problems with having an open world like EQ. There are a ton of things that could be done by utilizing instancing but people start tugging at their neckbeards at the thought of not having to compete against 300 other nerds over a few pixels.

Something like LDoN would scratch a lot of itches people have. Variable difficulty, single group to small "raids", leader boards for bragging rights, ability to target purchase various items you want while still having RNG drops, can be done at lower levels and at cap. The LDoN dungeons were pretty uninspired but is sitting at a single camp for 6 hours really any less interactive than fighting your way through hallway-room-hallway-room? Perhaps even the old dungeons already in game could be utilized. Would anyone really hate the thought of trying to 3 group raid Lower Guk tuned for level 65+ while fighting for the top of a leader board?

I thought Ldons were a lot of fun. I like this idea.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom content is pretty hard to do. Anything for low to mid tier that produces any kind of value would just be constantly camped for months. Higher tier things like raids would have hundreds of fully geared players showing up for and lead to drama. This is one of the problems with having an open world like EQ. There are a ton of things that could be done by utilizing instancing but people start tugging at their neckbeards at the thought of not having to compete against 300 other nerds over a few pixels.

Something like LDoN would scratch a lot of itches people have. Variable difficulty, single group to small "raids", leader boards for bragging rights, ability to target purchase various items you want while still having RNG drops, can be done at lower levels and at cap. The LDoN dungeons were pretty uninspired but is sitting at a single camp for 6 hours really any less interactive than fighting your way through hallway-room-hallway-room? Perhaps even the old dungeons already in game could be utilized. Would anyone really hate the thought of trying to 3 group raid Lower Guk tuned for level 65+ while fighting for the top of a leader board?

I thought Ldon mini dungeons were a lot of fun. I like this idea.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Instances could be cool. Also allowing bazaar type set up in EC.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:34 PM
Banned

Pass.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instances could be cool. Also allowing bazaar type set up in EC.
Instances and bazaar? What? Those are two of the worst things that ever happened to EQ. The whole point many people are here is because P99 DOESNT have instancing.

Plus there are already servers that offer those that you can play on if you need them.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:39 AM
Planar Protector

bazaar is vastly preferrable to dealing with tunnel rats
Old 05-29-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bazaar is vastly preferrable to dealing with tunnel rats
I mean it literally wouldn’t change a thing lol. It would just make it easier for the tunnel rats to be tunnel rats since they don’t have to actively auction and instead can just list their item that they control the market on and go afk
Old 05-29-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean it literally wouldn’t change a thing lol. It would just make it easier for the tunnel rats to be tunnel rats since they don’t have to actively auction and instead can just list their item that they control the market on and go afk
Yeah but you don't have to talk to them lol
Closed Thread