Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Who started it?
DMO (not tDMoO) 95 53.98%
UN scum 81 46.02%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 06:49 PM
Banned

Honestly since we brought up voting, I'll extrapolate on my previous statement.

I think its much better for guilds to be split up, fairly independent crews working together and each with a vote. More diverse guilds with at least an attempt at an RP themed charter is great for the overall feel of the server. The game used to be like that.

However, there aren't as many as you think that are willing to put in all the effort and organization of even maintaining a discord server with permissions. I'd much rather there were more independently thinking guilds, each with a vote, than 2 mega guilds.

You will notice I never included Seal Team in any of our Tranix kills and they never had a meltdown about us playing by the rules. I don't have a crown, Snewp does and the rest who have them don't show up hardcore for every raid day (or ever at all for major targets). Seal Team was well within their rights to be like hey, you're taking Tranixes for fairly inactive players, we're supposed to be allies and you're "taking our shit". But they didn't. They realized we're a non UN guild (not by choice) and playing by the server rules and that was that.

So what happened? The 2 mega guilds had it out, things start to go a certain way. The second mega guild getting less mobs begins a mob rule campaign against the other. Now we have all this.

Who the hell cares about most of these dragon loots now? Most of em were weak to begin with and now the clickable ones are 1/100th their previous usefulness. So you've basically boiled it down to wild accusation flinging over next to useless shit (bard cant even proc tash orb and stack it with enchanter tash here) minus the dragon haste items, and the raid mobs die in under a minute anyways with or without them.

Is your time and energy better spent flinging accusations and spamming the staff over every loss without hard evidence? Or is it better to focus on optimizing your raid forces, making/playing alts together (for actual team building) and stacking BIS planar gear and being happy with that. I think you may realize now which matters much more especially in the long run. This obsessive focus on the top 1% of pixels, that aren't even a big deal (esp not anymore since the non classic nerfs) is nuts and a true sign of dragon sickness. Snap out of it, enjoy leveling some alts and actually playing the other 99% of the game. DMO has incredible member cohesion, we are very tight knit, know each other well and love succeeding together. It's a far cry from logging into some faceless blob of people who share your tags that you barely talk to or know at all.

(I was referring to "dumpster rangers" in general when referring to Yendor, not that he's a terrible player or anything and want to clarify that statement)

One more time, now that we've all vented, let's be pals.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquilleos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oof used to think you had it together. Crumbling in here. Look what I can do: Black Lotus and Venerate et. al tagging along with Kingdom does not earn you full voting rights in all matters concerning content on the server. Cant wait to see Black Lotus competing against Kingdom and Venerate this weekend. Right? You’re all independent can kill your own targets and deserve unique vote right?

In reality, you have cherry picked and highlighted much out of context. It has been clearly communicated we want all rotational content slots and a vote or nothing. Can you tell me what gets voted on in the UN and why that is a problem? Is that because playing fair and by the rules doesnt work in your favor? Double PhDs got you on your knees with checks and balances.

Why isn't a problem that a 3-guild alliance has 3-unique votes, but Seal Team’s ally should not be allowed a unique vote? Yep we’re the gas lighters in this situation. LOL! I bet you ignore that. The problem is its a majority vote system and you lose so much you are straight spooked by DMO’s ascension. We have you so immersed your frothing in defense of toxicity and gatekeeping.

One thing we will not tolerate is this absolute disrespect for our guild mates who do not raid with Seal Team. We are more capable on our own than several standing UN guilds who have voting rights and skip their rotation slots.

Oh and can you describe what its like wiping at Phinny? Never done it b4 but heard you have experience as a guild.

Aren't those guilds you listed pretty huge? I mean, it's not like only 3 members of them go to raids with the bigger guild though. It would be pretty messed up if that were the case. I think you're comparing apples to oranges here, don't blame you for trying to push your agenda though.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:29 PM
Banned

3 members raid within the ST alliance, the other 20 don't. Don't let the propaganda fool you. they keep twisting our words and fitting them into their narrative that makes them look like not the bad guys.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will notice I never included Seal Team in any of our Tranix kills and they never had a meltdown about us playing by the rules. I don't have a crown, Snewp does and the rest who have them don't show up hardcore for every raid day (or ever at all for major targets). Seal Team was well within their rights to be like hey, you're taking Tranixes for fairly inactive players, we're supposed to be allies and you're "taking our shit". But they didn't. They realized we're a non UN guild (not by choice) and playing by the server rules and that was that.
Or maaaybe ST has been pushing for you guys to be their 2nd vote and their willing to put up with your shit a bit because it pays off for them down the line? Also the reason you shit on Yendor's 'moo should get to vote on FG related things' proposal.

Also, you know, having some alts get Tranix crowns doesn't hurt em either right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is your time and energy better spent flinging accusations and spamming the staff over every loss without hard evidence? Or is it better to focus on optimizing your raid forces, making/playing alts together (for actual team building) and stacking BIS planar gear and being happy with that. I think you may realize now which matters much more especially in the long run. This obsessive focus on the top 1% of pixels, that aren't even a big deal (esp not anymore since the non classic nerfs) is nuts and a true sign of dragon sickness. Snap out of it, enjoy leveling some alts and actually playing the other 99% of the game. DMO has incredible member cohesion, we are very tight knit, know each other well and love succeeding together. It's a far cry from logging into some faceless blob of people who share your tags that you barely talk to or know at all.
I mean people level alts and get to know each other in big guilds too. Yeah it's a bit 'clicky' but people do things together, people farm loot together, people do QM spawns together etc. We organize lists for the OOT AC for the community, do naked Gnome Races, drunken brawls and races together.

We do know each other, you just don't know us. We are a big nameless faceless blob TO YOU.

And yeah members of these big guilds do want loot. So what? Was there not a time in your EQ career when you wanted drops? There are a good number of people who came back after years gone and they wanna kill dragons. There are people who want to learn how to raid lead and manage 60+ people on an engagement. There are people that wanna look into game mechanics and pour over the wayback machine to make bug reports, or make bots and APIs to make raid leading smoother. There are people that wanna research things and update the wiki. There are altaholics and a ton of other people doing tons of other things.

People in these big guilds are getting something out of being in them. It may not be what you look to get out of EQ but it is equally valid. We have a bigger community and so on the broad sense, less tight nit but person to person there are connections. There are perhaps some 'cliques' involved but you can learn from all these people because there is an expert at a lot of things.

So yeah, big guilds offer shit too. Yes small guild offer something else. That's fine. Don't disparage people for wanting to get loot and kill dragons. Why not?

Yeah there are some issues with the raid scene but I don't see you guys fixing them. I see you guys stirring shit and helping ST vie for position so they can pass certain legislation because ST is just as loot hungry as everyone else, but they're your BFFs so it doesn't really matter now does it?

As an aside, this was one of the more cogent rants I've seen out of you guys, so props I guess?
Old 05-27-2020, 09:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Honestly since we brought up voting, I'll extrapolate on my previous statement.

I think its much better for guilds to be split up, fairly independent crews working together and each with a vote. More diverse guilds with at least an attempt at an RP themed charter is great for the overall feel of the server. The game used to be like that.

However, there aren't as many as you think that are willing to put in all the effort and organization of even maintaining a discord server with permissions. I'd much rather there were more independently thinking guilds, each with a vote, than 2 mega guilds.

So what happened? The 2 mega guilds had it out, things start to go a certain way. The second mega guild getting less mobs begins a mob rule campaign against the other. Now we have all this.

Who the hell cares about most of these dragon loots now? Most of em were weak to begin with and now the clickable ones are 1/100th their previous usefulness. So you've basically boiled it down to wild accusation flinging over next to useless shit (bard cant even proc tash orb and stack it with enchanter tash here) minus the dragon haste items, and the raid mobs die in under a minute anyways with or without them.

(I was referring to "dumpster rangers" in general when referring to Yendor, not that he's a terrible player or anything and want to clarify that statement)

One more time, now that we've all vented, let's be pals.
You're a small time, tight knit, guild that wants a vote like the big guilds so you caused controversy and went out of your way to make people angry over "FGs". I get that everyone is cooped up because of the coronavirus and of course it's fun to cause drama on a game where you've done everything a million times over though. This is the probably the closest thing to PVPing on Red.

Also, isn't your main that monk in Seal Team?
Old 05-28-2020, 12:45 AM
Sarnak

LOL the first thing DMO/ST bring to vote... this is all about giving ST another vote to gain a competitive advantage and hinder their competition. This has nothing to do with DMO or small guilds. DMO does not give a shit about small guilds or their non-raiding members. Only trolling and giving their mains in ST.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:31 AM
Kobold

Despite all of the negativity in this thread. I genuinely want to thank Black Lotus, Venerate, CI, FoH, Lineage, Akatasuki, and Seal Team for their magnanimity in this saga. Many of you whom could potentially be labeled as enemies at times, now have a spot in my left ventricle as a friend of DMO and Erudin as well. While the path to kinship may be wrought with terror, above all we conquer our fears with a genuine respect for each other as fellows of this Norrathian world. Father Erud shines about us all.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:35 AM
Kobold

Id now like to close this thread, with a reading of the Catechism of Erud

1. Be a servant of life; be beneficial to others.

2. Witness the example set by others and always strive to do better.

3. Live as not to offend the god you serve.

4. Live practically and productively, as if you were to live 1,000 years AND as if you were to die tomorrow.

5. Value logic over passion; but do not dismiss passion.

6. Do not judge your neighbor harshly for a transgression, as everyone's path is different and worthy of understanding. Rather, confront him and find the peace between you.

7. Occupy yourself with learning and beneficial trades in time of peace.

8. Occupy yourself with defending the city in time of war.

9. Strive for a pleasant balance between yourself, others, and the gods who influence the world.

10. Right what wrongs you see before you.

11. Confront the wicked, the weak, and the uninformed.

12. Spare no energy to correct a mistake.

13. Know all there is to know. Learn all there is to learn. Teach all there is to teach.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:55 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2020, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

So what ive gathered so far is an alt guild of sealteam wants another vote on deciding how many pixels they get? Truly sad and seek help if true.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread