Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 04:42 AM
Skeleton

Default Mage Epic Quest cont.. Neh`Ashiir

Hey guys, Kaspur here

Finally done with Phinny, I am moving onward to Neh`Ashiir . I hadn't been in CoM much so i don't know the zone well. Last time I see Neh`Ashiir was part of the shammy quest and seem like getting him to spawn is kinda hard as you have to kill a bunch of high hp/summon reaver to spawn him.

I'd love to hear how you guys approach this part of the quest, any shortcut in CoM to get to him, how many player is needed for this ..etc

thanks
Old 01-13-2016, 10:31 AM
Aviak

You're going to need a decent amount of dps/healing to get her to spawn out of consecutive reavers, but once she spawns she should just sit there (if she's anything like ghiosk), allowing for much needed med breaks. I recommend pulling the reavers out of the way (maybe by Lhranc's office near the arena) if getting them off a train from the castle through sneak/fd pulling (i'm sure there'll be at least 4 manks in CoM at any one time :P). I never got up to the higher levels to where she's listed on the wiki map, so i'm not sure if that'd be a better venue. Perhaps some levi scouting is in order. I know chanters love soloing up there in air elemental form.

Now, my only encounter with neh'ashiir was short lived. We had found her spawned by the arena and decided to try our hand at her. Her pet hit the SK tanking hard, and you absolutely must dispell her damage shield; that's what killed my group of high 40s. I died while blinded with the damage shield/pet doing big work on me. While we were regrouping/CRing it very much looked like a necro and a shammie duo'd her, undoubtedly in their mid-high 50s.

Let me know if you need a 53 bard to play you some soothing tunes all whilst looking devilishly handsome during your CoM adventures.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Duoed Neh many times during Kunark using Druid x2 with puppet strings or Druid / monk.

The challenge with the reavers is just having a decent enough tank that your mana isn't an issue.

Enchanter charmed pet + cleric CH should hold up pretty indefinitely to reavers. Alternatively Torpor shaman + tank/monk works just fine too.

Getting up to it can be a pain. But with levitate and double Invis/IvU run all the way up there safely. You just have to levitate and jump onto 2nd floor, levitate to center building, get double invis, and levitate to the cloud city to the final building. If you've never done this before I suggest taking someone who has because you have to levitate across to a bridge when you reach a locked door and some people sink too quickly for this when they don't know how to do it.

The torch isn't too uncommon. If he is holding nothing he has the torch. He is a cleric and enchanter. Meaning you need to root his pet, dispel his buffs/haste and push him at 40% to interrupt CHs.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Skeleton

thanks for the tips guys, much a appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] looks like some interesting works ahead for me
Old 01-19-2016, 11:13 AM
Skeleton

Is there a way to pull him out w.o a rog?
Old 01-19-2016, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

I read the other day that Neh can be pulled through a hole in the floor nearby, from the lower level. I've never been up there, so I'm not sure if it's a valid strategy or not.

Can anyone confirm?
Old 01-22-2016, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

I used to go to CoM with 2 or 3 other mages (level 55+) and pull the reaver with a pet through the door, and bring him way down to the ground below. We'd just change pets on him until Neh spawned and chain on him. Easy peasy
Old 01-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Skeleton

very nice, that is what we're trying to do atm, with 2 or 3 mages. how did you target him w.o a rog, did you body aggro, used eye of zom or something? would love to know

thanks,
Kaspur
Old 01-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The torch isn't too uncommon.
As with many drops, it's random so bad luck stretches can happen. The Mage I helped with this needed more than twenty kills before he got his torch; I helped on most of those. Neh Ashir can be duo'd but I think it's done best with 3 or 4 people. The most dangerous part was that sometimes during the pull, the reaver would fall to the lower level, leaving the puller to feign while the reaver walked back up. I've never fought it on the lower level due to wanting to avoid disrupting experience groups. If you're really unlucky you can potentially get ten reavers or more before Neh Ashir spawns, so be prepared for that possibility. Most the time it seems to be about 3-5 reavers.

Danth
Old 01-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

I killed Neh 13 times and no torch. Lots of shields though. Yes, you can eye target him or pet or something like that.

I ended up getting the Torch MQ'd. Same with Phinny. I killed Phinny like 10 times and NO staff. Then a in game friend said they killed him without me and he dropped 2 water staves. NOW! I wasn't there, but I have no reason not to believe that.

Anyway, Mage epic is stupidly difficult to get, but when you do get it, in this era, it's well worth it.