Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Convert server over to PVP immediately. It won't solve raid problems but at least you guys can kill eachother.
If violence doesn’t solve all of your problems, then you’re not using enough of it
Old 02-08-2021, 08:57 PM
Large Rat

Default sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I guess that's what I'm implying. Why?
Because it's in the nature of men to solve issues with force, women queue up like little bitches asking their overlords what they can and cannot do.
Men have something called testosterone pumping in their bodies and men do not like when other men try to take over their territory. Keep drinking your soy latte.
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. You are just radiating insecurity in all directions and everyone is laughing at you. It's almost as funny as it is sad.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

The fact is that the kind of camp disputes you guys have disappear when they require people to actively participate in the game in order to "secure' a camp. You can't just AFK wherever you want and permacamp every single mob. It's better for server health.

When it comes to raiding its still hard to manage, but I dunno, might be better.

Not about manliness just about making the game better. I don't look down on non PVP players but I do wish they could all try some good PVP experience so they could know why a lot of people won't go back.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:00 PM
Skeleton

Lollllllllllllll �� ST gets some well deserved karma. Read all 21 pages and it’s all great. Entertainment to the max, I can’t stop laughing ��
Old 02-08-2021, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I guess that's what I'm implying. Why?
Because it's in the nature of men to solve issues with force, women queue up like little bitches asking their overlords what they can and cannot do.
Men have something called testosterone pumping in their bodies and men do not like when other men try to take over their territory. Keep drinking your soy latte.
It’s actually a bit of a misconception that testosterone increases aggression in humans

On one hand, there are about 10 times as many men as women in prison for violence. But on the other hand, there has been no proven correlation between high doses of testosterone and aggressive behaviors. As someone who is an avid lifter and former steroid user, I have shot up to 800mg testosterone per week and can vouch that “roid rage” really isn’t a thing. I noticed, like many others, no negative change to mood

That being said, I think you do have a point that having a pvp solution to the problem removes the need to constantly involve GM’s. That has always been WoW’s policy on pvp servers: if there’s a pvp solution to the problem, then there is no problem. I think unfortunately EQ’s pvp might involve more sketchy tactics. I remember from playing on Sullon Zek server back in the day that rez box training was pretty rampant during pvp conflict in pve areas. That’s where someone dies somewhere, gets a rez, then leaves the message to accept the rez open while they round up every KOS mob in the zone. They then run the mobs over to the opposing faction, then click yes to accept the rez which instantly poofs them out of existence leaving the mobs to kill everyone nearby. Those kind of exploits would still require GM intervention
Old 02-08-2021, 10:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember from playing on Sullon Zek server back in the day that rez box training was pretty rampant during pvp conflict in pve areas. That’s where someone dies somewhere, gets a rez, then leaves the message to accept the rez open while they round up every KOS mob in the zone. They then run the mobs over to the opposing faction, then click yes to accept the rez which instantly poofs them out of existence leaving the mobs to kill everyone nearby. Those kind of exploits would still require GM intervention
I played on SZ too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Good times. Was my last server before finally quitting Live back in the day.

I remember that server being coined as the "no rules" server by the devs though. Admittedly I didn't have much experience with the tactics you describe but I do remember that the GMs only intervened on the absolute most extreme cases. It's why the level restrictions were lifted in non-newbie zones, with the Fansy and SG shenanigans that were taking place early on. But for the most part, wasn't it basically "anything goes"?

Just a small story, my friend and I back then felt it was our sworn duty as neutrals to make life hell for the evils, who were the dominant team at the time. One of the things we liked to do was make low level neutral dark elves, and suicide ourselves onto the pets of necros that were leveling in the Neriak FQ. They'd lose faction and after a few kills became KoS in their own city. Looking back now I feel kinda bad but we were just dumb kids in those days. xD But that was the sort of stuff that was considered legal on that server if I remember correctly.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:19 PM
Aviak

Wow never thought I'd ruffle so many feathers with my testosterone/women being weak remark as it wasn't really meant in a serious way (there are females playing on R99).
Quite funny though, now being accused of hate speech, being insecure and what not. But all good my soybro's on Soy99 as I still honestly cannot fathom how you cannot see that the solution to 95% of your problems is solvable by PvP. Today you're trapped in a artificial "solution" which steals away countless of hours of time from yourselves and GM's to solve a problem which is solvable within the game design itself (PvP). Not to mention people practising game tactics for months on end (FTE runs) just to adhere to these artificial rules - is beyond my understanding. I think the core reason people hate the idea of PvP are largely based on 2 aspects.
1) Misconception of PvP and people being afraid them being griefed. This is an incorrect perception as we have LnS (Loot and scoot) rules in place to avoid this on R99. 99.9% of people respect these rules as breaking them will get them suspended/banned.
2) Ego. People just can't handle getting killed by another player. It's understandable as when I got killed the first times playing EQ pvp I was also fuming, but now if I get killed I just say GG and move on with my life. Many times, the person/group that killed you will even toss you a ress and send you off on your merry way.

Anyhow, good luck with whatever...
Last edited by Larken; 02-08-2021 at 10:23 PM..
Old 02-08-2021, 10:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
1) Misconception of PvP and people being afraid them being griefed. This is an incorrect perception as we have LnS (Loot and scoot) rules in place to avoid this on R99. 99.9% of people respect these rules as breaking them will get them suspended/banned.
Last time I was there, giving that server a try, some dude was getting griefed repeatedly. I know because the red server announces PvP kills server-wide. I even chimed in OOC (also server-wide) "lol don't you guys think he's had enough?" and one of the killers responded "nah".

So I wouldn't say this is entirely accurate. I think if I did end up leveling my character to the high end, I'd be on the receiving end of that quite a bit, especially being an enchanter which isn't the greatest PvP class. No one would care if a disc-popping rogue decided to yeet me out of existence with no shot to fight back.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last time I was there, giving that server a try, some dude was getting griefed repeatedly. I know because the red server announces PvP kills server-wide. I even chimed in "lol don't you guys think he's had enough?" and one of the killers responded "nah".

So I wouldn't say this is entirely accurate. I think if I did end up leveling my character to the high end, I'd be on the receiving end of that quite a bit, especially being an enchanter which isn't the greatest PvP class. No one would care if a disc-popping rogue decided to yeet me out of existence with no shot to fight back.

This is simply not true in the sense what will happen to you if you played on Red99.
What you are describing is an AFK player getting killed at his bind point, not to mentioned that it might be friends doing it to themselves for some reason. Again, just simply call out LnS and you get 30 minutes to get your corpse and leave the zone. That's it. And anyone who breaks it will most certainly get suspended/banned. Seriously, who would ban his own account just to kill some random level 27 dude in Mistmoore that they have no history with? And if such a person exists, then his account is gone.
People perpetuate the scenario you described above as something that's part of life on R99 - it's honestly not.

I've leveled several toons on R99 throughout the years and I have never been corpse camped. I think I've called LnS once because the vast majority of the times the killer is happy with his 1 kill and moves on.

Thanks for sharing your exp on R99 though.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:56 PM
Aviak

Oh and by the way (sorry to hog the thread)
Does anyone see the irony in the fact that you guys are already engaged in PvP? Just a way more toxic one with words and "lawyers". I would go out on a limb and guess that the toxicity and hatered going on on the blue/green servers can reach much deeper levels than on red server because so much more ego gets involved.

At least on the red server, you can accept defeat and move on to a different zone and leaving no residue in your mind.
Closed Thread