Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2021, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

These same players ALSO woke the Sleeper on Blue AND transferred as a guild to the Al'Kabor (EQ Mac) Server to wake Kerafym there as well. On Al'Kabor, Kerafym had been sleeping since 2005 when Velious launched on that server, via a serverwide player-agreement that ALL raid guilds agreed to.

These are the type of people we're dealing with. They are psychopaths who derive pleasure from the misfortune of others.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These same players ALSO woke the Sleeper on Blue AND transferred as a guild to the Al'Kabor (EQ Mac) Server to wake Kerafym there as well. On Al'Kabor, Kerafym had been sleeping since 2005 when Velious launched on that server, via a serverwide player-agreement that ALL raid guilds agreed to.

These are the type of people we're dealing with. They are psychopaths who derive pleasure from the misfortune of others.
I mean is this what really happened? All of the leadership of ST was in Rampage... and they all went to eqmac to wake the sleeper 15 years later... because they are psychopaths.

You need to relax. These aren't psychopaths who derive pleasures from misfortunes of others. You seem a little unhinged. It's quite alright to want to play a video game because you want to beat other people. Just like any other "game" out there. I'm a competitive person, so I would want to win whether it was in a game on Monopoly, Uno, Basketball, whatever.

And Classic EverQuest, like a lot of raiders like me, scratches the competitive itch for whatever reason. I REALLY only play competitive video games. The only other games i've really played in the last decade other than EQ is Dota 2, CS:GO/CSS, Valorant, CoD, Pubg, Apex Legends. And some Diablo 2.

Something about EQ, (Especially in the pull era) really just got my competitive juices pumping. It's fun. It's complex, yet easy enough to teach a first timer how to DPS, or heal. It can be grueling, and the lowest lows and highest highs that have only been matched in my experience with playing Dota and CS. There is a lot of people like me in our community, and we're not going to just want to stop because you want a turn to win. Unlike dota and cs, where you are only competing against 5v5, this is a 50v50, 75v75, 150v150 event. I don't even like MMO's, but competing on p99 is unlike anything i've experienced in any others.

Watching WoW "competitive" guilds is pretty boring. It's basically either a race for first, or a time trial. Pretty boring imo.

But if I could watch those two guilds compete directly with each other for ONE mob? That could be interesting.

I don't play on green. Leveling a human monk in classic was too boring. And by the time I started working on my enchanter, it felt a little bit like it was too late so I never bothered. But I know a lot of these guys in ST from Blue. They don't want to kill your parents. They want to win the dragons.

End game raiding in EverQuest was supposed to be hard. And practically unobtainable. I played Kunark a lot on live. I don't even think I ever heard of Veeshan's Peak, let alone saw anyone link an item from there in 2000. From the wiki, the staff released this statement when the zone was released on live.

We recommend that only the most advanced and organized players in the game even attempt to enter this zone.
The customer service staff (GMs and Guides) will not assist players in any way in regards to this zone.
This includes help for issues such as unrecoverable corpses (see your local Necromancer),
or characters finding themselves stuck (see your local Magician), bugs, etc.
- Gordon

Does this sound like a zone that was to be occupied by more than one or two guilds in era? No. It was reserved for the sweatiest, cheetos and mountain dew'd faced nerds that played the game.

Struggling to get access to VP is very classic.

It seems to me like the GM's are very, very sick of hearing people cry incessantly about the free game they provide for you, moderated by volunteers who are subjected to nothing but scorn no matter what they decide.

Personally, If I was them, i'd remove CSR from raiding until Velious came out. It'll work itself out.

Nobody is missing out on a once in a lifetime item from VP..... And if your guild can't get it's shit together enough to make it into VP before Velious comes out... Then so be it.

The game isn't going anywhere guys. If you keep getting beat by the guys who play to win the game, it's not going to stop just because you get 1 trakanon every 3 weeks. Velious is the end game here. Get enough clerics and rogues, and at least a few tanks with respectable HP, and get ready to keep ST out of Sleepers.

Velious is a numbers game in the current meta. It won't be like Rampage's domination of the expansion, Where they could execute great strats against larger guild alliances.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad the project exists. You guys should be too. For all of it's beauty, and all of it's ugly.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean is this what really happened? All of the leadership of ST was in Rampage... and they all went to eqmac to wake the sleeper 15 years later... because they are psychopaths.

You need to relax. These aren't psychopaths who derive pleasures from misfortunes of others. You seem a little unhinged. It's quite alright to want to play a video game because you want to beat other people. Just like any other "game" out there. I'm a competitive person, so I would want to win whether it was in a game on Monopoly, Uno, Basketball, whatever.

And Classic EverQuest, like a lot of raiders like me, scratches the competitive itch for whatever reason. I REALLY only play competitive video games. The only other games i've really played in the last decade other than EQ is Dota 2, CS:GO/CSS, Valorant, CoD, Pubg, Apex Legends. And some Diablo 2.

Something about EQ, (Especially in the pull era) really just got my competitive juices pumping. It's fun. It's complex, yet easy enough to teach a first timer how to DPS, or heal. It can be grueling, and the lowest lows and highest highs that have only been matched in my experience with playing Dota and CS. There is a lot of people like me in our community, and we're not going to just want to stop because you want a turn to win. Unlike dota and cs, where you are only competing against 5v5, this is a 50v50, 75v75, 150v150 event. I don't even like MMO's, but competing on p99 is unlike anything i've experienced in any others.

Watching WoW "competitive" guilds is pretty boring. It's basically either a race for first, or a time trial. Pretty boring imo.

But if I could watch those two guilds compete directly with each other for ONE mob? That could be interesting.

I don't play on green. Leveling a human monk in classic was too boring. And by the time I started working on my enchanter, it felt a little bit like it was too late so I never bothered. But I know a lot of these guys in ST from Blue. They don't want to kill your parents. They want to win the dragons.

End game raiding in EverQuest was supposed to be hard. And practically unobtainable. I played Kunark a lot on live. I don't even think I ever heard of Veeshan's Peak, let alone saw anyone link an item from there in 2000. From the wiki, the staff released this statement when the zone was released on live.

We recommend that only the most advanced and organized players in the game even attempt to enter this zone.
The customer service staff (GMs and Guides) will not assist players in any way in regards to this zone.
This includes help for issues such as unrecoverable corpses (see your local Necromancer),
or characters finding themselves stuck (see your local Magician), bugs, etc.
- Gordon

Does this sound like a zone that was to be occupied by more than one or two guilds in era? No. It was reserved for the sweatiest, cheetos and mountain dew'd faced nerds that played the game.

Struggling to get access to VP is very classic.

It seems to me like the GM's are very, very sick of hearing people cry incessantly about the free game they provide for you, moderated by volunteers who are subjected to nothing but scorn no matter what they decide.

Personally, If I was them, i'd remove CSR from raiding until Velious came out. It'll work itself out.

Nobody is missing out on a once in a lifetime item from VP..... And if your guild can't get it's shit together enough to make it into VP before Velious comes out... Then so be it.

The game isn't going anywhere guys. If you keep getting beat by the guys who play to win the game, it's not going to stop just because you get 1 trakanon every 3 weeks. Velious is the end game here. Get enough clerics and rogues, and at least a few tanks with respectable HP, and get ready to keep ST out of Sleepers.

Velious is a numbers game in the current meta. It won't be like Rampage's domination of the expansion, Where they could execute great strats against larger guild alliances.

At the end of the day, I'm just glad the project exists. You guys should be too. For all of it's beauty, and all of it's ugly.
All toxicity that exists across both Green and Blue lead back to IB

10+ years now of playing the "I got dragon loot, you don't" game
Old 02-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Unhinged? They literally went to AlKabor, leveled up their toons and all got raid-geared with the express purpose of waking Kerafym.

Hopefully this time around the raid guilds can work something out. Naive, I know, but I'm hopeful.

Aslo EverQuest was not intended to be a competitive game. In fact it was conceived to be the exact opposite. It was intended to be a cooperative, "online dungeons and dragons" style game that was created SPECIFICALLY to compete with all the other competitive/PVP MMOs that made up he market at that time.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 02-09-2021 at 09:28 PM..
Old 02-09-2021, 10:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unhinged? They literally went to AlKabor, leveled up their toons and all got raid-geared with the express purpose of waking Kerafym.

Hopefully this time around the raid guilds can work something out. Naive, I know, but I'm hopeful.

Aslo EverQuest was not intended to be a competitive game. In fact it was conceived to be the exact opposite. It was intended to be a cooperative, "online dungeons and dragons" style game that was created SPECIFICALLY to compete with all the other competitive/PVP MMOs that made up he market at that time.
Right. There was no competition. There was one guild, and then the rest. Vp on live (and I’d really love to hear input from somebody who did it in era on live) was probably dominated by one guild on 90% of the servers. I guanrintee you a ST raid is a lot more cooperative than in era raiding guilds.

A lot of that stuff came down to knowledge, and numbers. My memories of playing kunark on live was a bunch of tight knit community esque guilds, such as the one I was in from the beginning to end, and we rarely raided. I remember doing vindi while Luclin was out.. and I mean LATE luclin. And I only remember one raising guild from my server. Pak Cafan? I think..?

Also which players from rampage woke the sleeper on eq mac and are now ST? Honestly this is the first time I heard this.

The other point I make is that if EverQuest wasn’t supposed to be competitive, it’s not a burden to its legacy that it became that way. It’s actually kind of bonkers, and a complete ode to the games greatness, that it DID become competitive over 20 years after it went live.

People complain about raiding on this server, and I counter that it’s the most thrilling dragon raiding available on the internet.

If your guild isn’t strong enough, find other likeminded guilds to team up with.

Maybe try to come to an agreement? If coth racing isn’t doing it, maybe try foot races with lockouts. That will give you a decent chance.

ST is banned because phatez acted like a dick. If I had to guess, he’s losing his shit because he feels like the GMs are turning their back on the raid scene because the casuals finally cried enough to get loot. He needs to chill, but I don’t completely disagree with him. There’s better ways to go about this though.

Getting 1 trak for free isn’t going to change anything. Your free trakanon today won’t help you kill LTK tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All toxicity that exists across both Green and Blue lead back to IB
This guy knows how to hold a grudge.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:01 PM
Banned

Saying EQ is the most thrilling pve competition is completely 100% your opinion and not based in any objective reality. The objective reality states that the ACTUAL most thrilling pve competition to the majority of consumers is the one that is the most popular and that definitely isn’t an emulated 20 year old game. Hell, even classic WoW wasn’t considered better pve than live, and both of those are infinitely more popular than EQ

Edit: from what I’ve heard from the majority of players here the late game pve on p99 sucks ass
Last edited by unsunghero; 02-09-2021 at 11:07 PM..
Old 02-09-2021, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also which players from rampage woke the sleeper on eq mac and are now ST? Honestly this is the first time I heard this.
The only one I can remember first hand who woke sleeper on both servers is sussy. https://twitch.tv/sussypoo

The eqmac sleeper was awakened by less than 10 people boxxing a few accounts. I think my wizard was used for it. I was invited, but was busy that day. It was done a few months after the guild we were in stopped raiding on that server.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing about your competitive meta is intrinsic to Everquest. Its all things that P99 has shoehorned into place in order to address player behaviors and try to reduce guilds butting heads at raids, not induce more conflict.

FTE messages, lockouts, 16 hour variance windows, the entire rulebook and petitionquest meta surrounding the raid scene..... Those are the aspects that your crew has learned to run game around, and to be fair you've done a superior job in dominating that mini game. But none of it was put in place as a means to an end for game design reasons, it evolved because of the player behaviors that they didn't want to leave unchecked.

And if the owners of the box are sick of it they have every right and reason to force it to end or change. Rotations are very very classic, many servers used them, enforcing them would not be an affront to EQ's legacy whatsoever. Neither would doing hard resets (quakes) more often, as all the servers were frequently brought down for maintenance resulting in repops that both the top hardcore and lowest casual units could feast upon.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Right. There was no competition. There was one guild, and then the rest. Vp on live (and I’d really love to hear input from somebody who did it in era on live) was probably dominated by one guild on 90% of the servers. I guanrintee you a ST raid is a lot more cooperative than in era raiding guilds.

A lot of that stuff came down to knowledge, and numbers. My memories of playing kunark on live was a bunch of tight knit community esque guilds, such as the one I was in from the beginning to end, and we rarely raided. I remember doing vindi while Luclin was out.. and I mean LATE luclin. And I only remember one raising guild from my server. Pak Cafan? I think..?

The other point I make is that if EverQuest wasn’t supposed to be competitive, it’s not a burden to its legacy that it became that way. It’s actually kind of bonkers, and a complete ode to the games greatness, that it DID become competitive over 20 years after it went live.

People complain about raiding on this server, and I counter that it’s the most thrilling dragon raiding available on the internet.

If your guild isn’t strong enough, find other likeminded guilds to team up with.

Maybe try to come to an agreement? If coth racing isn’t doing it, maybe try foot races with lockouts. That will give you a decent chance.

ST is banned because phatez acted like a dick. If I had to guess, he’s losing his shit because he feels like the GMs are turning their back on the raid scene because the casuals finally cried enough to get loot. He needs to chill, but I don’t completely disagree with him. There’s better ways to go about this though.

Getting 1 trak for free isn’t going to change anything. Your free trakanon today won’t help you kill LTK tomorrow.
p99 wasnt recreated so one guild can dominate a server. It was created so people can enjoy the experience of the original content. 2nd many servers had guilds that came to agreements to rotate content and took turns raiding the planes etc. to pretend like only the most populous guild on the server has the right to enjoy the end game content is dumb. when one guild creates an environment where 75 percent of the people playing are shat on goes directly against why p99 was created.
Closed Thread